Unsure of breeds; hoping somebody can help.

Summerlin

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 1, 2009
Please help me with breed info on these. I'm clear on some and at a loss on others.

Brenda

Sunny

No Name Yet.

Sally, Lacey, Tico, etc..

Ann-Margret (back) and Susan (front).

TIA!

Sunny looks like maybe an Easter Egger but it's hard to tell in the small photo. What color eggs does she lay? (If she's laying) Does she have sort of a beard or fluffy cheeks?

The dark red ones look like Rhode Island Red or maybe Production Red or some sort of red sex-link. I'm not great at telling all the reds apart.

How funny! Sunny has one slate leg and one yellow leg!

1. Black Sex-Link
2. Black Sex-Link (color variations are enormous in some lines)
3. Hatchery Rhode Island Red/Production Red cockerel.
4. Production Reds/ hatchery Rhode Island reds...white pullet need a closer photo to see if she's Columbian Wyandotte, Columbian Plymouth Rock, or Light Brahma, New Hampshire Reds in the background.
5. Production Reds/ hatchery Rhode Island Red pullets.

Last edited:
Did you try clicking on the picture of Sunny to blow it up bigger? I think I posted thumbnails that will enlarge if you click on them.
She has a slight comb and little wattles so far..they're just starting to take on some color. I got all of these as newly hatched chicks (minus Sally, the lone feather-foot) a week before Thanksgiving, from McMurray. Sally is the only one laying; I got her when she was 2 days old last April. A friend ordered these and we split the shipment..I thought he said he'd ordered an all female brown egg-layer assortment. I'm having trouble figuring out what Brenda and Sunny are, and obviously at least one of my all females has turned out to be very male. I think I spied another tiny set of spurs starting on one of the brighter reds yesterday as well. The lightest colored girls are the most skittish, the rest, including Sunny are very affectionate and personable.
Like I said, I'm at a loss now. lol Thanks for the help
smile.png

Found a few close-ups.

Sunny:

Lacey:

The Mr.:

Back
Top Bottom