Unusual acting hen please help

06DA48B9-5EEC-432E-B475-9E219AE3B756.jpeg
I was just outside and I felt every where and I don’t notice Any lumps or bumps when the hen pooped it was green just noticed this now any suggestions
A little update still acting the same wish I knew what was wrong feel bad

Looks like coccidiosis to me. Might ask more to verify but Im pretty sure thats what the poop indicates. Google "chicken coccidiosis green poop"

Treat with Corid, NOT SULMET!!

From here on out treat all chickens a few times a year preventatively. I'd treat al your other chickens now as well, but remove this one from the rest and clean up that poop, from here on out its for sure in your soil if its coccidiosis.

If it still early on you'll be fine, if she becomes too lethargic it'll be too late within a week. If shes too lethargic to drink water use a dropper to put some of the Corid you mixed with water in her mouth. I've saved a few from coccidiosis this way.

Good luck!

Update my hen seem to be a lot better her head is still shaking has anyone ever heard of a chicken with lack of vitamin e? I think she has what’s called Encephalomalacia it’s a vitamin E deficiency also called the crazy chicken

I also wonder if she had a Marek’s flare up. Sorry to be throwing it out there. @rebrascora is the authority in my book on keeping a flock with Marek’s. What do you think, Barbara?
If it is marked would my other chickens not have it as well? They all seem to be doing great if it is maybe I caught it intime I’m give her wheat germ to see if this help her out

If it is marked would my other chickens not have it as well? They all seem to be doing great if it is maybe I caught it intime I’m give her wheat germ to see if this help her out

Yes, they would probably be carriers, but may or may not have symptoms. My understanding is that stressful events can trigger an outbreak of symptoms. Is there anything g you can think of that could have stressed her recently?

Yes, they would probably be carriers, but may or may not have symptoms. My understanding is that stressful events can trigger an outbreak of symptoms. Is there anything g you can think of that could have stressed her recently?
Nothing that I can think of she is 25 weeks nothing has changed in routines or new chickens she isn’t laying yet only one of my Oliver’s are laying just started last week

Back
Top Bottom