Unusual Request

Well, I've got one with Pasty Butt............and I've tried cleaning her off a couple of times today......................but you know how often they poop, so the journey continues. :lau

Well, I've got one with Pasty Butt............and I've tried cleaning her off a couple of times today......................but you know how often they poop, so the journey continues. :lau

I've only had to deal with pasty butt twice, both with shipped chicks.

I was advised to give them a wet mash of their chick feed, warm water, and just the tiniest dab of plain, unflavored, unsweetened, active-culture yogurt.

Also to put a little olive oil around the vent of the worst couple who took several days to clear up.

Thanks. I'll see if I can keep up with it with a warm water cloth for now. If I go the yogurt route, are you suggesting it for all of them to eat or just the one? (don't know how I could cordon off just one chick)

Thanks. I'll see if I can keep up with it with a warm water cloth for now. If I go the yogurt route, are you suggesting it for all of them to eat or just the one? (don't know how I could cordon off just one chick)

I made the mash for all of them.

IIRC, it was a batch of a dozen so I used about a 1/4-1/3 cup of feed and maybe half a tsp of yogurt in the batch. The person who helped me said not to give too much.

Well, I don't have a really fancy cell-phone but here ya go. Besides, with my eye surgery I'm lucky I can see the shutter release on my screen. :idunno

Chickie 2-half.jpg

Back
Top Bottom