UP-Date, Possible Marek's .....Hen sits different then the other hens

Thanks to everyone, I will pull our new young Rooster and see if over mating is what caused her issue or not?

Thanks to everyone, I will pull our new young Rooster and see if over mating is what caused her issue or not?
Ummm, again this is just my personal opinion, but you'd be causing a lot of stress to the rooster if you did that. Where will you put him? In isolation?

I also agree that treating for lice or mites with poultry dust is a good way to err on the side of caution. Just like with vitamins, it doesn't cause any harm, so either the effect is neutral or you'll see some improvement!

Ummm, again this is just my personal opinion, but you'd be causing a lot of stress to the rooster if you did that. Where will you put him? In isolation?

I also agree that treating for lice or mites with poultry dust is a good way to err on the side of caution. Just like with vitamins, it doesn't cause any harm, so either the effect is neutral or you'll see some improvement!
Our rooster will be in with our Drakes and Goats right beside our hens. I kept him in there two weeks prior to letting him in with the girls, so hopefully he wont be too stressed. LOL

I like to think we have a very happy and healthy mixed flock with only little minor treatable glitches along the way.

Thanks again for your reply. :)

Our rooster will be in with our Drakes and Goats right beside our hens.
Okay, just making sure! I've heard some crazy things on here!

I like to think we have a very happy and healthy mixed flock with only little minor treatable glitches along the way.
I wasn't sure if this was a comment on treatment suggestions or the rooster being part of a mixed flock?

Okay, just making sure! I've heard some crazy things on here!

I wasn't sure if this was a comment on treatment suggestions or the rooster being part of a mixed flock?
We started with a mixed flock of 12 ducklings and 4 Isa Brown chicks not knowing what our drake to hen ratio would be with the ducks?

Since we ended up with four drakes and love them and didn't want to rehome them, I pulled them from the 8 duck hens to prevent any over mating issues.

Then I added a young Rooster for the four Isa Browns, which he became to aggressive towards me and now he was replaces with another young rooster.

Hope that quick explanation makes sense! LOL

Our Drakes are out free ranging with our goats in a pen beside our Chicken Coop and run.

We started with a mixed flock of 12 ducklings and 4 Isa Brown chicks not knowing what our drake to hen ratio would be with the ducks?

Since we ended up with four drakes and love them and didn't want to rehome them, I pulled them from the 8 duck hens to prevent any over mating issues.

Then I added a young Rooster for the four Isa Browns, which he became to aggressive towards me and now he was replaces with another young rooster.

Hope that quick explanation makes sense! LOL

Our Drakes are out free ranging with our goats in a pen beside our Chicken Coop and run.
Yes that makes sense! I think four drakes out of 12 isn't half bad! I hatched 12 chicks (lost two two a feral cat) and wound up with six roosters, not including the current flock daddy.

Well hopefully everything is fine with your hen and she just has an unusual style of perching.

Yes that makes sense! I think four drakes out of 12 isn't half bad! I hatched 12 chicks (lost two two a feral cat) and wound up with six roosters, not including the current flock daddy.

Well hopefully everything is fine with your hen and she just has an unusual style of perching.
Thank you, yes I am hoping the same. LOL I also just started to learn how to incubate eggs and have the first hatch of 11 outside in a grown out pen and in the house I have a second hatch of 10 and they will be 6 weeks old and ready to go out on the 27th.

These 21 chicks are from our first Rooster Chewy and the four Isa Brown hens. I know they are a messed up mix, but I was trying to learning how the whole incubating process works. My goal in the future is to find some true New Hampshire Chooks. :)

Attachments

• Chewy with his Girls.jpg
    Chewy with his Girls.jpg
    804.6 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom