***UP DATE W/Pick*** OMG there is 17 of them!!!!

Quote:
Yeah, I suppose we could at least try one and see if we like it. I've been looking online and it seems that guinea is a delicacy in France and DH says they cook with it on Iron Chef America a lot.

Ok, I laughed out loud! Not only is this a nicely written piece, but outlines a problem I'm sure others have encountered. You could probably lead off a whole thread on a 'be fruitful and multiply' theme! Thanks for sharing!

P.S. the birds are supposed to be tasty, what have you got to lose? (Only 16 more birds to go...) They also are great for insect control.

In Texas, too, Ladysfield

Quote:
LOL, looking at it from across the fence I guess it is pretty funny.
hmm.png

So, does she still have all 16? Have you eaten or sold any?

My mom doesn't have chickens, but was interested in getting some guineas and I thought I could get them for her...neither of us thought about them reproducing like rats (btw, loved that description!), so fortunately, haven't done anything so far...which is probably a good thing!

Quote:
Yeah, she still has all 16 babies...and no we haven't sold any of them. I haven't decided what I'm going to do with them yet, but I'm down to 6 adults now. A bob cat killed one...I heard all this noise outside so I went out to see what was going on and there standing in the big middle of my yard is a bob cat with one of my guineas in it's mouth. We have been having a really bad heat wave and I've been keeping the dogs in the house out of the heat. Of course the dogs walked out with me and when they saw the bob cat they took out after it. It dropped the guinea and ran. I figured what the heck the guinea was freshly killed, there was no sense in wasting it, so I picked it up and took it in the house, cleaned it and stuck it in the frig. I made gumbo out of it and it was really good. I'm kind of thinking about keeping them for the occasional pot of gumbo.

Back
Top Bottom