up during the night

wow that sounds like my goose..hes nice to me well most of the time but my partner he and my other female will attack him..its like every other day they attack him..my new female Thelma shes the sweetest goose ever...from the start that i bought her i put her in the front passenger seat and she decided that see didn't want to sit there and came over and sat on my lap in the drivers seat...she even put her beak on my cheek on the way home..it was the cutest thing ever...now when i go get food she will come on over and honk at me to give her food and eat it out of the pale while I'm holding it..while the others stay back..

awww there sooo cute..i want one or 3...lol and that's a big goose...oh and today my my gander backed me down..it was funny i had to smack him in the head twice and he still came at me...it was funny..then id back away and he came at me again and i was able to grab him by the neck and tell him no and he didn't like that 2 much..he came running at me that time...booger...wouldnt stop.. i actually ran away .....lol

Lmao. Hank can really be the biggest jerk ever! This usually only happens in Spring but when it does, grab him by the neck and pick his a$@ up! Just don't let go of his neck lol. He will eventually learn who is boss. Don't run, stand your ground ha ha. They just get cranky sometimes. Ours are so great 90 % of the time

You do know that if you put your arms out and flap them and run at him he might back down. Running away was not a good thing then they know they have you and will get worse.

ya i try that but he dont back down...lol he comes charging..and i had shorts on so no way am i goin to stay my ground...lol
Have a bucket or broom with you and when he comes at you put one or the other between yo and him, I have used the broom alot to push my gander away. I will also make him back away as i walk towards him and I am 5'3" and weigh well... I'm not a big person. I won't hit my geese though.

well its not like i hit him to knock his block off just a tap on the head just like smackin a childs hand to tell them no..soo its not hard at all..lol and true bought the broom...goin to have to carry something with me now to even go collect eggs from my hens...since there pen is attached to the chicken coop its like i gotta watch my back just to collect eggs...lol plus i forgot to say is that my female geese r laying eggs as well..but there sharing a nest should i let them share?

well its not like i hit him to knock his block off just a tap on the head just like smackin a childs hand to tell them no..soo its not hard at all..lol and true bought the broom...goin to have to carry something with me now to even go collect eggs from my hens...since there pen is attached to the chicken coop its like i gotta watch my back just to collect eggs...lol plus i forgot to say is that my female geese r laying eggs as well..but there sharing a nest should i let them share?
Others who have experience with their geese sharing a nest will have to advise ya there, since my goose isn't laying yet. But i don't see why it would matter because they will all share in the duties of raising the goslings when they hatch. They do get mighty protective of their space when breeding season comes around.

Back
Top Bottom