up during the night

we have had mating and eggs since November with some of the Sebastopols. The african flock we sold were laying in October. The colored sebbies are breeding heavy now as are the Dewlap Toulouse. The Americans just laid their first egg this week.

well its not like i hit him to knock his block off just a tap on the head just like smackin a childs hand to tell them no..soo its not hard at all..lol and true bought the broom...goin to have to carry something with me now to even go collect eggs from my hens...since there pen is attached to the chicken coop its like i gotta watch my back just to collect eggs...lol plus i forgot to say is that my female geese r laying eggs as well..but there sharing a nest should i let them share?
Females can share just fine and have no issues, and then suddenly fight over the goslings as they hatch and end up killing the young.

ahhh well that seems like thats goin to b a problem..i plan on tho giving my new female a baby or 2 if i get any out of this batch..since i knw her eggs arent fertile. so i hope i can catch them when they start to hatch ive been keeping track on a calender of when they started to lay eggs..but till they start sitting i guess that dont matter yet...i got 7 eggs in there now..4 from my first female which i knw is fertile..and 3 from my new girl...

I agree he is protecting his territory, and his ladies. You think it is bad now, just wait until spring lol. You need to stand your ground. Seriously ha ha. When his head is up and he's loud, he's ok. When his neck goes down and he comes after you I will tell you what to do. My partner grabs his neck and lightly puts one knee on him and lightly pins him to the ground for like 15 seconds. They will go submissive. We noticed that male geese stand on each other and pin each other down to show dominance so he figured he'd mimic this action lmao. He did and it works. Our birds never chase us, we'll maybe a little in spring ha ha. When I get back into town, we can take a video to demonstrate lol. Sometimes you to think and act like the bird!

We experimented with something a while back...We took mean Hank and his son Chachi to see if they would try and dominate humans by standing in them too. Of course they did! Hank we rescued from the park. Chachi is Hank's son that I hatched from an egg myself. It was so much fun! (Read my story in my bio if you get bored sometime lol. It's really sweet and funny at the same time). Anyways, Hank came from the park and Chachi lived basically in my house and yard for 5 months. Both birds will stand and try and dominate everyone. Hank will also stand on me but Chachi will not even try. He thinks I am his mother, that is why.
I know, I'm crazy lol. I swear we have a special way with these birds. You just have to get over the fear factor and gently show them who's boss sometimes, but it can happen. We love our birds so so much! Here is a pic to show you the "domination"

https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/i/5494030/lol/sort/display_order/

There's also a new pic of my son being dominated in pic gallery lol.

And why can't I post pics directly from iPad to this site? Why dies it have to be a link. I could post pics early on but now the only option is a link. With!?!

We experimented with something a while back...We took mean Hank and his son Chachi to see if they would try and dominate humans by standing in them too. Of course they did! Hank we rescued from the park. Chachi is Hank's son that I hatched from an egg myself. It was so much fun! (Read my story in my bio if you get bored sometime lol. It's really sweet and funny at the same time). Anyways, Hank came from the park and Chachi lived basically in my house and yard for 5 months. Both birds will stand and try and dominate everyone. Hank will also stand on me but Chachi will not even try. He thinks I am his mother, that is why.
I know, I'm crazy lol. I swear we have a special way with these birds. You just have to get over the fear factor and gently show them who's boss sometimes, but it can happen. We love our birds so so much! Here is a pic to show you the "domination"

https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/i/5494030/lol/sort/display_order/

There's also a new pic of my son being dominated in pic gallery lol.

And why can't I post pics directly from iPad to this site? Why dies it have to be a link. I could post pics early on but now the only option is a link. With!?!
That is so funny, looks like the geese have the human under control... LOL

Back
Top Bottom