Update: Call duckling with severe wry neck

19burlesonm

Chirping
May 12, 2018
I made a previous post about my call duckling with a severe case of wry neck and an eye infection. I took the duckling to the vet about a week ago and they gave me antibiotics for the eye infection and told me to keep up with what I was doing (I give 1 vitamin E tablet a day, selenium crushed up, poly vi sol, and added Niacin to the feed) The duckling has improved greatly but im still concerned. Their neck is a lot better but they are still tilted and their eye is still closed...What should I do? Should I just keep doing what I'm doing? Is it possible to always have a kink in his/her neck?

20180523_223421.jpg
20180523_223426.jpg

This is her improvement as of today, we've been treating her for about a week with the stuff I said above..I can try to find a pic of before treatment if you guys want as well :)

I would cut back on the vitamins a bit. Those can be overdone.

X2 on the pictures

I
Screenshot_20180523-230154_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20180523-230026_Video Player.jpg

The only pictures I have as my before 1 week ago treatment... she/he originally had a terrible eye infection in the lower rear duct which we treated with antibiotic cream from the vet and they still havent opened their eye, it looks almost just like a dry socket so I'm assuming they are blind :( I'm still concerned as to why their neck is still crooked or if it just takes a long wait..

Ok guys, I'm starting to suspect that this duckling has an ear infection and that's why his head is staying like this as well. The vet gave me a cream for his eye infection and said it would work it's way to the ear but I've been using this for almost 2 weeks and I've seen improvement in the eye (however it's still closed, I think he lost in at this rate) but his head is still tilted and runs in circles sometimes, I have a video of requested. I will take a photo of the cream given to me, can I possibly apply it directly to the ears or doing something with the ears?
20180525_195825.jpg
20180525_195825.jpg

Back
Top Bottom