**UPDATE**Chick with wing ripped off!

Cock-a-Doodle-Do Farm

Hatching
10 Years
May 18, 2009
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that my baby who's wing was virtually torn off seems to be making a great recovery. The skin that didn't seem to exist has now covered most of the exposed bone. She has had a big appetite throughout this ordeal which is a good thing.Little Layla is quite the trooper! Did I also mention that she's my runt which is causing a bit of difficulty right now trying to put her back with chicks her age that are twice as big and fully feathered. She hangs out in the garden with me most of the day and then I still keep her seperate at night. I don't know if she'll ever catch up to the others. She's a month old now and still only has wing feathers with a few others coming in on the side of her chest. Anyone ever had one like this that grew up eventually? Thanks again to all who posted the great advice to my original post
smile.png

So glad to hear she is doing well, glad she has you to look over her. Don't have any answers for you but just happy to hear she is doing better.

wee.gif

Feed her lots of protein-rich food. She's not growing feathers because she's too busy growing skin. She'll probably be just fine once she heals the wound.
I'm glad to hear she's doing well. Sounds like you have a new favorite friend.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom