UPDATE Day 15 ..Just candled!

Remember that the eggs that are being added that aren't near hatch will likely be compromised with the higher humidity that is needed for hatching. My suggestion would be to get that humidity back down to 40% or under for several days...maybe even the rest of the incubation period after this hatch is complete.

When you stagger hatches in the same incubator you run a HIGH risk of drowing chicks in eggs that are not ready for hatch by increasing the humidity so high for the hatching one. Now, since I've said that...they will probably all hatch just fine! IMO, the highest percentage of chicks are lost through high humidity.

the remaining 4 eggs hatched while we were at the creek yesterday. The EE is so cute its yellow with a charcoal stripe down its back and furry cheeks. The other three came from brown eggs There is a striped one that looks like a brown leghorn would and another reddish colored one and a reddish striped one..

They are all very cute! Im trying to find some batteries to take pics with..All the ones in the house are DEAD! Dang!

usually keep it at 60 -70 here myself but thats just works for me but anyways gooooood luck keeping my fingers crossed for ur peeps
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Final count is 10 chicks. The 3 remainng never hatched..had formed chicks in them one of them was not fully formed, just died at some point before hatch day for some reason..Oh well im satisfied with 10 out of 13, they are all happy little fatties eating and drinking away. I just love them!

Back
Top Bottom