UPDATE.. Day 23 hatch! See page 4 for FUZZY pics!!

Quote:
It is Eggciting!!!! Wow just 5 more days... the roller coaster is on the tracks!!!
big_smile.png

This board and the people are so helpful... life lines in the storm! Best of luck to you both... !!!

Quote:
YEEEESSSS!!!!!! I have 2 live hatches full of bouncing energy and I couldn't be happier. My prayers were answered and knew there needed to be AT LEAST two to keep each other company. Best wishes for your bator hatch too? Do you know who's eggs?

I got some from the1much and some from.........bloominbeauty in Ft. Walton FL. , and they'll be in there another 18 days or so, can't wait!.
I'm so excited for you, 2 little cuties! I hope your third makes it, maybe it was in a position in the skillet bator that kept it cooler than the others and delayed things a little? Let's hope!

jumpy.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

nice job with the new little fluffs. Post a dry pic! Nine expected in a few days now for me. It is frustrating cause I can't see inside any more. Cannot tell if they are moving! Tomorrow night is the last roll. Can't wait to see some pips. I will take pics of the little serama as they hatch. May have one sebright too. It will be a staggered hatch so some of the eggs due a few days after, I can see moving around so I assume the almost due ones are well too.

UPDATE pics taken tonight all dry and FLUFFY. They are healthy and PERFECT! Amazed!

Look mostly like their BA daddy don't they?

It'll be interesting to see how they feather out... probably all black feathers.... but may have the windblown feather direction around the neck like one of my Ameracauna hens!!! As fast as they grow and feather in.. it won't be long to see.

And the 3rd egg ... didn't make it... candled tonight and saw bad signs since last candling (& it was the heavy egg that concerned me & that was prior to the bad HUM therm)... but it's ok.. while only a 40% hatch rate.....I learned so much...

.... and these precious chicks made it worth while...
smile.png

6554404.jpg

885002.jpg

1017453.jpg

8412558.jpg

157284.jpg

PS.. I'm already guessing one is a Roo.. pic 3 and on the left in pic 4... hen (Hope) is 1,2 on Right in pic 4. Just behavior ALREADY.. and gives me a sideways look like Daddy.. and is bigger.

Last edited:
Quote:
If your eggs are darker... give your eyes time to adjust to the dark... then I could SEE much better.

At later stages I found the most tilted air cell was easiest to see movement inside at the end when all others are hard to see in... just look at the HIGH side of the tilt... also you can see veins pulsing still near the air cell if you candle the blunt end... hope that helps!

Good luck with your hatch! ......and Do be more patient then I was... I freaked about the pip in the middle of the egg... but they were fine probably because of the dry hatch during the growing phase! Thankfully the HUM spike due to faulty gauge didn't hurt them... I believe the 3rd chick died prior to that... cause it was HEAVIER at the last candling... only .3 oz but I could tell prior to putting them on a digital scale.

Suprised me that the last one to pip was the first one out the egg! I learned a lot about pipping... it is so true that it's just the beginning of a long process... important things are happing INSIDE the egg...AFTER the pip happens...... the zipping (turning) process, blood begins being drawn back into the chick from the inner membrane and the yolk sack begins absorbing... once that process is done... boom.... they burst out of there!

Hi Kim,

Is this your first batch or a repeat of many times..I am a batch ready to hatch this weekend too..my first time..then I got 5 more eggs to weekend after this. Did have 12 but one egg was craacked and a fertile one so ditched it was wet. and I have 6 that look to be infertile..I got extra. But the ones hatching day or two after Thanksgiving I bought 12 eggs and got 16 and they are all fertile..so we will see how many make it.. Good luck with yours let us know and I will too.
smile.png

Quote:

Hey, Ruffle...congrats and good luck on your first hatch!!

My first hatch was at Halloween. I had 8 out of 13 BRs to hatch. Then, I had 14 penedesencas and 1 mutt egg of my own. None of the penes made it, but mine hatched perfectly. It was nothing I did or didn't do...many of the pene eggs were scrambled, or infertile. Shipping really messed up the air sacs. Only one pipped, but it pipped on the bottom side of the egg and I didn't know. It was huge, so it never made it out.

This hatch, I've got 14 RIR eggs that I'm hatching for a friend, and 8 ameracauna eggs for myself. Then, Miss Prissy should be shipping my blue/black/splash orpington eggs any day. And, I should be getting some BC marans eggs the first week of December. After that, I think I'll be done for a while!!

Good luck to everyone hatching!!!

Back
Top Bottom