UPDATE.. Day 23 hatch! See page 4 for FUZZY pics!!

Yes, an UPDATE... The Pipped egg chirps so loud I can hear it in the next room!!!! Of course I keep checking and I can see it's beak and mouth opening.

When letting out some HUM (yes both air vents are unplugged) I couldn't resist but pick up both the other eggs and put them to my ear... ONE is TAP, TAP, TAPPING from the inside... the other silent.. quickly back in the bator! Oh my!

Well, because my HUM fluctuates so much (raising mostly) and I have to keep adjusting it , I figured out a trick that I've been experimenting with when I was removing things and changing things during my HUM problems.. I can quickly UP the hum when need be (like when the light is off... as the light helps up the HUM right?)... I've taken a fairly damp clean washcloth and blow hot air through the vent hole.... it takes a few seconds... then quickly brings it back to where I want it to be.

Just a note.... the TEMP is great ! Stable as can be... no swings in this new styro bator... and I feel sure about it because I've been using the Accurite Therm and a Therm I borrowed from my mate... he uses it for another hobby and it's from radioshack... it has an alarm you can set and adjust to go off if the temp goes too high or low I think... but no HUM feature. He uses the alarm setting with his hobby.

I hear chirping now... from the next room!!! It began so faint this afternoon... but now is pretty loud 7 hours later! I hope she (fingers crossed) is ok.

Last edited:
Back away from the bator!!!
Do not open it. It is normal for the humity to go up while they are hatching. As others have said let mother nature do her thing and good luck on your hatch.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
Come on little chickies.

We just had 13 new quail chicks come out of their shells today!... this is our first time with incubator etc...We still have 5 more eggs to go!
We have 13 Rhode Island Red hens & a rooster but we bought them as chicks.

How high can the HUM go safely????????

All I've had were HUMIDITY issues with this hatch...too low... then 40% too high for 20ish hours... now that I see life... it's really making me antsy...

ok, ok, ok. I hear ALL of you
smile.png
))

It's the ole "STEP AWAY FROM THE BATOR" line

Though... guess what I just SAWWWWWWWWWWW

as I'm hovering over the bator just now (really just went to check HUM again... like kimbpara said.... it fluctuated Down from 87% to 80% without MY help... lol!

ok... then my cheeping Pipped chick was chirping to me... and I'm saying.. "Hi Baby!, Hi Baby!" in a ultra high pitch over and over to it's responding cheeps....

and BOOM... I HEARD and SAW the 2nd egg PIP Through the shell.... SAW it PIP... wow... just one clean peck and it broke the shell.... ok, I know you Vets have seen this... but it's new to me!!!

... I am freaking out with JOY... just so hopeful that all will work out with these two little chicks at least.

Ok... back I go... how can I clean the kitchen... or do anything else when this show is going on in the next room!!! just had to share!!! wwweeeeeee!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom