Update - Freda's adopted peeps (Pic's)

keeperofthehearth

Songster
12 Years
Nov 3, 2007
podunk... I mean Wabash, IN
Freda's first day w/her adopted peeps! They are adjusting well.
clap.gif

100_5483.jpg

100_5487.jpg

100_5496.jpg

100_5493.jpg

jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif

Such cute pics!!! I love watching mammas with thier babies.

Some hens will adopt anything
love.gif
Pebbles took in week old chicks, and Paka adopted 5 ducklings that actually belonged to another mamma hehe

Enjoy watching Freda and her babies!
jumpy.gif

I have a silver laced cochin who just went broody today -i have 6 new baby banty's in the brooder in the house we got on weds, plus eggs in the bator - duck eggs due to hatch next weekend and some banty eggs - I think if the banty eggs are fertile I will slip them under my broody girl and let her finish hatching them - as soon as I find a place to move her so she is away from the other chickens.

your girl looks like she is going to make a great momma
love.gif

Julie

I am so happy that she finally has her babies! She looks so content and I am glad that things are working out...keep us posted on them! Thanks Dixie (What breed is Freda?? )

Freda's just loving being a mom! I went to give her a few treats this morning but she just took each one and coo'd to her new peeps so that each one took a treat and ate it. Guess I best not give Freda treats until her peeps are older.
smile.png
I didn't realize she would encourage her peeps to eat them all & not eat them herself! What a sweet mom!
love.gif

To answer your question Dixie, Freda came to me as an Australorp but if anything she is a cross. She's smaller than most of the other Australorps closer to a bantam in size, different eye color, lays small-med. tinted off white eggs, & her black feathers have more of a blue sheen than my other Australorps. DH calls her a "barnyard" chicken.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom