Update** hatching :-D

Quote:
Right thus the ?? - except for the days (different for muscovies) is the appearance the same? Have some due late next week that look like that - but the day by day for other ducks won't be accurate because of longer incubation.

If the muscovy eggs have drawn down on one side. Appear lobsided when you candle you can stop turning them as well.
You can keep the ducklings in until they dry then quickly remove them.
As long as the muscovy eggs aren't externally pipped you really don't have to worry about them drying out while you remove babies.

Here's an excellent waterfowl guide that will show you all the different stages of development and hatching.
It also has a great step by step guide if you need to help at any point.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=491013
Good luck.

Last edited:
Movement? I havent looked at my eggs since I posted this yesterday, that was my last candleing. One of them I could see movement when I was candling it, a heart beat ? Or just it moving... And My muscovie eggs look almost the same as the ones that are due to hatch soon. But okayy thanks for the advice

Okayyyy So one of them has a small hole in it, and is moving rapidly. Some of the other eggs are moving rapidly too!
And one of them has this gross looking stuff oozing out of a small crack... it looked fine to be when I candled them the other day? But I dont want to reach in and take it out with the eggs starting to hatch.. What do I do?

Back
Top Bottom