**UPDATE** Help! Am I duckling killer?

Two things come to mind--the starter cannot be medicated as that will kill ducklings, another suggestion is Purina Mazuri feed for Waterfowl --it is great for ducks, geese etc. It has more niacin than Chicken feed. Ducklings have to have water with their feed or water poured over their feed to make a mash. They also need water deep enough to dip their entire bill into down to their nostrils to flush the food and debris away. I hope this helps...

Some feed stores buy feed by the ton and bag it themselves. I run into this on occasion and you have to take their word for what your getting
sad.png
. Thankfully i have acess to feed with labels here.

I think its the heat too but you should always know what your feeding your birds as well. I get alot of calls from people who start losing birds and find out they were feeding medicated feeds that werent safe for ducks.

UPDATE

I ordered 5 more ducklings and they came yesterday. My lone duck couldn't be happier. Before they came she would cry all the time and I would have to carry her around while I worked around here. Now she is so happy and the new little guys look so healthy.

I am going to give this another shot and hopefully they will all live! Thank you all for your advice!

Good luck with your 6 ducklings!

To reiterate what eveyone said:

non medicated feed (someone suggested higher niacin)

not too hot and room to move away from the lamp

water deep enough to dip their whole bills in, but not wide enough to duck themselves and get chilled

no drafts

electrolytes in the water

Back
Top Bottom