UPDATE***I have babies***and they are beautiful

silkiebeginer

Songster
12 Years
Jul 31, 2007
So far I have 12 out of 20 that have hatched. I have a few more that are peeping and pipping. I am very surprised with my hatch rate. I ordered these eggs from a hatchery in Ohio and i live in KY. The Post Office had dropped them and broke 5. So far I think I have 2 blue silkies, one buff silkie and the others are fether legged but not sure yet as to what kind. I ordered the feather legged assortment so they could be diffrent types of cochin or other types. I will have to wait till they get really fluffed out and try to go by the pics in the catalog. I will post pics on here soon. I want to THANK all of those who gave me advice and support. If it were not for you all, my first incubator hatch would not have been so easy or produced as many babies.
Nice to know there are good people out there willing to help a stranger. As soon as my hatch is finished i will post pics.

THANK YOU........Jennifer

Forgot to add.....My white silkie hen is due any day.

Last edited:
YAY!! Waiting for pics
smile.png

Well, I am shocked. 18 out of 20 hatched. Now I feel overwhelmed thinking I am going to kill them,lol. I wish I had a mama chick to take over for me. But we will make it. Thanks everyone for all the help. You all are what made it 18 out of 20.

By the way. My white silkie is hatching hers too. I seen 2 poke their heads out from under her today. So I guess its hatch time all the way around. Hers are all white silkies except 2 game eggs i got from my sister in law. i am doing my best to get those picks for you all.

Thanks Jennifer

For goodness sakes - hurry up with those pics!!! Oh, and awesome job with your hatch. It's amazing how you can have disastrous shipping and incubating conditions and have a pretty decent hatch, then have perfect incubating conditions on eggs that haven't been shipped and have a not-so-great hatch. It sure keeps you guessing!!! Are you ready for all of your new chickies?
Lori

O.K ya'll I am trying to hurry,lol. I have been trying to get my digi camera to work right. My husband and son droped it when we went to Nashville in June for Dukes Fest 07,lol. Yep, you read right. My house is Dukes and General Lee crazy. I am gonna borrow my sister in laws right now. She just lives next door.

Jennifer

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom