UPDATE ... I HAVE found the one...yay!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Bec, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

So after our dissapointment last week with Bella the paint mare, it turns out things happen for a reason. We went and looked at a nice horse last night and she is perfect for my daughter! Dummy me forgot the camera.. [​IMG]
    She is a 15 year old palomino quarter horse mare. This horse was so sweet. She hadn't been ridden in about 2 1/2 months, but the girl got right up there and the horse didnt even blink an eye. So after she rode her for a few minutes, she let my duaghter ride. Heather (the horse) was very respectful and sweet. My son rode her too. She had been used for lessons and camps her whole life, so that is perfect for my daughter to learn on! The girl who owns her has had her for 10 years and had bought her from her riding teacher. I talked to the riding teacher and she bought the horse when she was a yearling and broke her, Used her for Lessons and horse camps for 5 years until this girl's parents bought her whent he girl was 9. She is now going off to college and can't afford to keep her.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  2. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    I love it when things work out..looks like for you, your daughter and the horse. I am happy for you..post pics of the horse when you get her home:)

3. texasreb

texasreb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    Yay!

(Now go put a deposit on her quick!!)

4. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    That's awesome! My friends bought a horse that sounds very similar and he is sooo sweet and gentle!

Here's two of my kiddos on him when we were visiting Vermont. :)

[​IMG]

And just for fun, he and Lilly coming across the field to get some lovin'. [​IMG] (My kids so want a farm even more so since staying there! hehe)

(Side note, I couldn't have caught them swishing their tails on the camera if I tried! heh It just happened!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  5. Bec

Quote:LOL....Thanks!!!
    The owner came out tonight to see where Heather will be living and she loved it here! So she said that she would like to have her out by the end of August so she won't have to pay September board. She came way down on the price and was very excited that she was going to loved by another little girl for years to come!

Asher- Your pics are great! I love to see kids on horses 2 and 3 at a time and have the horse look like he doesn't mind a bit!
    Yeah..so what are the chances of getting another picture of the swishing tails in the same direction!!? LOL

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    [​IMG] Yeah, Riley was like, okay, take the picture and get it over with so I can walk. [​IMG] He is a...er...dunno what it's called...a gelding? BUT he and Lilly are attached to each other so she was freaking out when he was outside the run. (She's not even close to as tame so the kids cannot ride her.)

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  7. Bec

It's funny how you can have one that absolutly loves children and another who would rather keep their distance. My 2 Thoroughbreds are VERY friendly on the ground, but at all safe under saddle for kids.
    Yep, if they are castrated they are geldings!!

8. Bec

Heather is coming home on Sunday!!!! I am super excited and can't wait to post pics!!!!!!!! This week is going to draaagggg by...LOL

9. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Congratulations! It sounds like a win-win for everyone - you get a great little mare and the other girl gets a good home for the horse she obviously loves.
    Awesome! I'm jealous! [​IMG]

10. Bec

Awww Thanks!!! I can't wait!!! I will have the camera ready at her arrival!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by