UPDATE - It's About to Kill Us...Chicks out in New Coop!

Quote:
Oh my. Now you owe me a keyboard! Way to go Lily! You really do have a very good setup, but be very raccoon aware in TH.

I was on Ford St. near Bluebonnet and Maria's Tacos for years, but last admitted address, and when I started keeping big, silly birds, was Redd St., behind Southwood Mall. I moved to SC in uhm..... 2002.

Worked many years at Upper Crust Bakery and Renaissance Glass.

Almost 11 p.m. here, and I want Tex-Mex now!
th.gif

If I wasn't so sleepy I would be in the kitchen. Tortillas, 2 kinds of cheese, pickled japs, Pace salsa.... quesadillas!

Beautiful job and great colors. Seriously looks WELL built. I wish I would have thought of the hog wire.

@RANCHHAND - Me -- I'm a breakfast taco gal. I really miss them if I'm gone for more than a week.

@AMARIE - Thanks! Except for the yellow, the paint is leftover from different house projects, so I'm happy with how they look together. We got lucky with the hog wire, we had pieces left over from another project. We also reclaimed two of the long 4x4's and got leftover metal roofing panels from our next door neighbor who recently finished his roof (and is a sheet metal worker so kept it and has the tools).

Here is the coop/run ready for occupancy. Still some details left, but it's as secure as we can get it and those peeps need to be out of the bathroom, now!

56974_coop_ready.jpg

That is completely awesome!!!!!!!
droolin.gif
Now you know you got to come and build me one like that right?
wink.png

Trust me ya'lls hard work and sweat, blood, tears, and swearing was worth it for that beautifully well built coop!!!!! No raccoon is going to sneak in there I'm telling you!

Great work, be proud of yourselves!!!!
thumbsup.gif
bow.gif
love.gif

Looks great! Like the colors, too. Fits right in with your area and looks very sturdy.
thumbsup.gif
You guys really know what your doing, but of course all the credit goes to your "supervisors"!
big_smile.png

Chicks in the house = major dust everywhere.

Last edited:
Very nice!!
My cats love to 'help' but now they are scared of the chickens, so my chicks decided they should help. One of them nabbed a nail from out of my pocket.... does anyone else have 'helpful' chickens? The same one is determined that my shoulder is her own special place.....

Back
Top Bottom