**Update, My old cat...He's gone.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by maplesky7, Oct 16, 2008.

1. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    thank you buddy ol pals.

I may have done some emotional eating today...picked my daughter up from school and headed to our local pizza joint.

I just can't get over that he delibrately walked over to my 2 year old daughter yesterday and offered his head to get his pats in. I always thought he probably considered her a nuisance and just tolerated her but my girls really did give them lots of love when we are outside. And they were the food bearers as well.

I'm really glad we are able to have animals to experiance the joys they bring among so many other life lessons. I think it's a great thing to help them understand life and the cycle of life.

Thank you all again for your kind words.

and you know it blueyson.

hugs for me and hugs for you,
    g

2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    Maine
    Oh I am so sorry for your loss! [​IMG] :aww [​IMG] I know how you feel...Just reading this I started tearing up, [​IMG] since it reminded me of when my favorite little hen, Apricot, got killed...wasn't even a year old..... [​IMG] [​IMG]
    But anyways, at least Fresco lived a long and happy life. [​IMG] He is now in Heaven and at peace. [​IMG] You are a great pet owner and you gave him a wonderful life. :aww
    God bless you and everyone else. [​IMG]

3. hoosier

hoosier Songster

I haven't been on for a couple of days and just read this.

I don't know what to say, except that I am sorry for your loss. I can tell from your post that he had a wonderful life with you.

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    my condolences! God bless you and your family!

5. little horse

little horse Songster

Sep 10, 2008
    centerville texas
    i am so sorry, when my old 17 year old cat died it was awful and i got choked up reading your story , as it brought back old feelings, my heart goes out to you.

6. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Songster

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    I know how you feel I have a 21 year old cat that belongs to my son. I was so afraid she would go while he was in Iraq but she is still around. Thankfully i didnt have to send word that she had passed. He has had this cat since he was 3 years old. She was born on the bottom of his bed. He was awaken by her meowing. Whenever he comes home he grabs her and cuddles her. Big strong Army man lol

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    aww! maple i just saw this post...i'm so sorry that you lost him!...and the going over to get pats from your baby daughter!..[​IMG]...you had me crying!..isnt it amazing how much they affect our lives?....again..i dont know what to say..(cause i know it hurts!)...excet that i'm very sorry for your loss...take care..:aww, Wendy

8. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Oh maple, I'm so sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

And the kitty let your 2 year old know that he did love her, too. What a heart felt story.

[​IMG]

9. [​IMG] I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost our little Emma kitty cat about 6 weeks ago so I know how you feel. [​IMG]

10. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    I am so sorry!! [​IMG] Your edit in your first post brought tears to my eyes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: