UPDATE "Mystery illness - listlessness, disinterest in drinking, and more. This is our 2nd round of this: first was resolved through supportive care."

Harter66

In the Brooder
Oct 22, 2023
Hi folks. My original thread is here.
Kiwi recovered really well. I don't know if the calcium supplements did it, or if she was already getting better on her own. At least now we have something to try if this happens again.

I never thought Kiwi would lay another egg and honestly, I was relieved at the thought of her reproductive system being done. BUT, she is back to being a daily layer! Her eggs look and taste great and Kiwi is happy, healthy, and full of energy!

Thank you all for your help and support! I really appreciate you helping get my girl healthy again!

I read your other thread and wow, what a recovery that was!

Sometimes our chickens are lacking things and it can be a guess, or sometimes someone helps us nail it and give them exactly what they needed.

I'd follow up with Poultry Cell or some vitamin supplement every so often to be sure they're getting something they might be missing. I was actually lax in doing this for a few months and I've got a sneezing chicken now so back to it for me! Vitamins and probiotics are both great prevention aids.

Back
Top Bottom