UPDATE! Neighbor's roo is beating up my roos! Need advise. Pix

He's a beautiful bird! I just skimmed your thread, lol. I hope he keeps behaving himself. Who knows, maybe one day his fighting tendancies will pay off in the form of protecting your flock from a predator.

I hate seeing a neglected animal! It just makes me angry. I really feel sorry for the rooster, the neighbors havent provided housing for him, they havent provided food for him, they havent provided any protection for him nor have they provided any company for him. It seems you've done it all. I hope he continues to behave.

Oh, I just now noticed your post. He's been behaving pretty well. Every now and then he and my roo will go at it for a minute, but the neighbors roo usually backs down pretty quick.

The other night I was locking up the coop, and was shocked to see him perching inside with the rest, right next to my red Silkie hen. He's definately made himself at home. I HAD to take him out though, because my he and my roo would have tied up the next morning, but he slept on the gate outside the coop, and he's been there every night since. My 10 year old daughter has named him Squatter, lol!

Face it, you've been adopted.
smile.png

Oh!!! Poor guy. He really is pretty.

It is so great of you to let him over if he behaves himself. Sounds like he's really lonely without anyone to hang out with.

Maybe trim his beak a little so he can't do so much damage and keep the spurs trimmed.

Best of luck - keep us posted.

The neighbors finally came by a few nights ago asking if I'd seen him. DUH! He was about 2 yards away from me as she was walking up, lol! She said she hadn't seen him the past few nights.........Ha! Try a week to 10 days! I told her he's here every day and night. He's lonely and needs friends. I was afraid she was going to take him, and I admit I got a knot in my stomach. I guess I've grown pretty fond of him. I was so relieved when she left and didn't take him. I haven't seen her in a couple of days. I hope she stays gone!

Thanks for all the advise and good wishes everyone here has given me.

Those neighbors are a strange lot. "Squatter" has more brains than the neighbors. At least he was smart enough to abandon ship and rehomed himself. That is an enterprising rooster.

Back
Top Bottom