UPDATE!!! on buying quail eggs from birds_of_a_feather_tx

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
not sure if this is the right section:

off of e-bay? is so are they as big as the seller says they are? I am curious about their A&M and Jumbos.

any info would be greatly appreciated, and if birds_of_a_feather_tx is here on BYC Hi
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Well I ordered them and payed a lot for them only to get eggs that are average sized at best (ETA that some are infact rather large after all but maybe only 50% and paid a ton for shipping and they were just in a carton with toilet paper and bubble wrap around each carton ratteling around surrounded by a little bit of newspaper. I could here them rattling in the box before I opened it I will be shocked if any are not scrambled.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up!

Pam

Edit to add: I had this guy in my favs. I haven't ordered from him, just put it in there for future ref. I remember thinking at the time, I was alittle put off by his attitude, but was tempted by the lure of bigger birds. I probably could put up with the attitude, but poor packing is one of my pet peeves. Thanks again for the heads up.

Last edited:
OK I would like to take back some of what I said. First I forgot to mention that he pwrapped the cartons in bubble wrap as well (not that I think it made much of a difference. and after removing all eggs and putting in bator I realized that the first carton had the smallest eggs and that many of the eggs in the other 2 cartons were infact bigger. So I am thinking that I spoke a little too soon and that he may actually have the jumbos after all. Maybe the first carton was from younger hens or who know what. I will update in 17 days or so.

Back
Top Bottom