Mar 11, 2018
Illinois
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
What a two weeks it's been. I've learned a lot and so far so good. It amazes me how they act like adult chickens but are so small. We are down to the heat lamp on only for a couple hours in the early evening. I've changed things around a couple times. The ducks are so big already and I hear quacks every now and then. For a while they were all together--what a mess, so I got smart..lol. Now the ducks go in the bathtub in the morning. I put straw at one end and a large pan with water and a bowl in that pan for dipping. Still a mess but easier to clean and chicks are in a dry area. After I clean the area, they get the tub to swim for an hour. They love chasing the water coming out of the faucet. All the chicks roost on the sides of the brooder-shower doors are closed do they can't drown in the water. It's crazy but works. They get a snack and the last water of the night between 10-Midnite. They all sleep together. Then its bedtime. They are quiet until they hear me in the am. I really enjoy them.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom