Update! on eggs in the bator

As of this morning I have 7 RIR, 1 white WLH, 1 bluish WLH?, 1 partiage silkie these are in the brooder. In the bator I have 3 black silkies 1 silkie that looks like it's black with some gray and 1 white WLH.

With more pipping.

So far no white or gray silkies but there is still hope.

jackie

Wow, they are really coming along. I dont mean to be dumb, but what is WLH? I have been wracking my brain bout that one.
lol.png
How many did you have to begin with? And how many hatched?

I wish you had pics but realize your crippled up for the moment. I bet this takes your mind off a bit tho, hmm?
tongue.png
Good luck on getting a gray or white silkie!

Jill

WLH is White Leghorn not sure if that's an offical initial or not but it's easier than typing it out.

I know have 8 silkies hatched and I think a couple are either gray or blue splash.

I started out with

10 RIR = 7 hatched 1 hasn't hatched and 2 were not fertile
5 WLH = 3 hatched and 1 wasn't fertile 1 hasn't hatched
10 silkies from JJ
8 silkie from flufnstuff 8 has hatched 7 hasn't hatched and threw 3 away from not being fertile.

So for me I'm having an amazing hatch rate. I still have some pipping.

When oldest daughter wakes up (she's 14) I will have her to take some pictures to post.

jackie

Hey Jackie, Sounds like your having a great hatch
jumpy.gif
, can't wait to see pictures.

How is the knee doing, maybe all the new babies have lessened the pain a little.

If I don't have a bator by the time you get a raise I will take you up on your offer,
yippiechickie.gif

I think my batch is about over! I have one silkie in the process of hatching and the other eggs showed lots of movement. I think when it's all and done I will have 14 silkies hatch it's hard to keep count with them moving everywhere. Here are some pictures:
These are the RIR:
RIR.jpg

These came from my white Leghorn Chickens
white.jpg

These are some of the silkies
silkies1.jpg

Notice the silkie that has traits like a phoniex
silkies2.jpg

Quote:
Black with some gray - could that be a SPLASH? I love splash anything!
love.gif

Here's hoping for the colors you want and a SPLASH!!!
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif

(for me!)
big_smile.png

I love the look on that little leghorn chick in picture two - it's like he's thinking
"just WHAT do you think you are doing?"
"are you talking to ME?"

gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom