UPDATE on Gilbert and quick question

So I’m thinking if Gilbert has a lung infection or if he inhaled food/feather casings he should be coughing.

Tuesday coughed occasionally when she had the liquid in her lungs but not as much as I expected, she rarely coughed after her encounter with the vet, so trauma probably.

If Gilbert isn’t coughing my guess is he’s getting his big bird voice.

If he starts acting more tired, less energy “Thor did this but it was subtle” I would take him to the vet.

So I’m thinking if Gilbert has a lung infection or if he inhaled food/feather casings he should be coughing.

Tuesday coughed occasionally when she had the liquid in her lungs but not as much as I expected, she rarely coughed after her encounter with the vet, so trauma probably.

If Gilbert isn’t coughing my guess is he’s getting his big bird voice.

If he starts acting more tired, less energy “Thor did this but it was subtle” I would take him to the vet.
Yeah, he went a little crazy boy OCD yesterday with the whole drying off and preening after his swimming. He usually only spends about 20 or 30 minutes at the most but yesterday he went a bit nuts with it. His voice didn’t start to go away until he was done cleaning himself and preening. He hasn’t coughed , at least not that I’ve heard. But compared to your guy, Gilbert isn’t making any noise at all today.

Oh and I agree with you, I’d never go back to that vet either. I’m one of those pet moms that would insist that wherever my pet goes, I go. To me, I always think something bad if they say you can’t go back, when in all actuality it would probably calm the animal to have their person with them, instead of strangers all around. But that’s just my opinion. ooooh I’d be so mad if someone hurt baby Gilbert. I could imagine how you felt!

How is Gilbert?
He got his voice back like a day after talking to you guys. But now, he’s lost it again but I definitely know it’s because he’s getting his big boy voice. He’s honked and “talked” a few times but He’s not really using it a whole lot. Is that normal at first?
Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been sick with my disease lately (had a bad neurological flare) and it takes a lot for me to be able to get online and then have to actually think.

I'm sorry you have health issues that keep you down. I bet Gilbert is a blessing to have with you.
Do you plan on keeping him forever?
My gander was 14 when he passed this past Feb so it's hard for me to remember when he was a youngster what his voice was like. I just remember it was high pitched and I always said Sam could break glass. lol
Someone who has young geese can hopefully comment on the voice change but they do go through it just like getting their adult feathers many changes as they are growing.

He got his voice back like a day after talking to you guys. But now, he’s lost it again but I definitely know it’s because he’s getting his big boy voice. He’s honked and “talked” a few times but He’s not really using it a whole lot. Is that normal at first?
Sorry for the late reply, I’ve been sick with my disease lately (had a bad neurological flare) and it takes a lot for me to be able to get online and then have to actually think.
I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling well, but I’m glad to hear Gilbert is doing good, mine had voice fluctuations for awhile while they were maturing so it can be normal.

Back
Top Bottom