1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

update on late duck eggs day 32

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kat, Mar 21, 2008.

1. kat

kat Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2008
    barnsley. england
    hi just a quick update our duck eggs are on day 32 and having just candled them we think that four are still alive and can hear at least one making a kind of scrapping noise and i think i hheard it cheap (mum thinks i imagined it but im sure it did)

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    That is good to hear. I hope they hatch. Do you know what your humidity is at?

3. kat

kat Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2008
    barnsley. england
    we dont have a humidity gauge but there is plenty of moisture inside of bator

4. orlandoluv1

orlandoluv1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    are they not supposed to hatch at 28 days ? if that is the case i would probably try helping them out a bit to see if its jsut that they cant get out. if they are supposed to come on day 28 then you know that they are fully developed. idk i guess thats jsut what i would do

5. kat

kat Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2008
    barnsley. england
    we did try breaking into one last night and it died but i have been told some types can take 33 days so keeping fingers crossed

6. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Muscovies take 32 days to hatch.

7. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    orlando,
    Sometimes they take longer to hatch if the temps are to low. it technically takes 28 days but sometimes it can take almost a week past the hatch date.

8. orlandoluv1

orlandoluv1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    thanks for the info hypnofrog i will definately keep that in mind. see i love this i learn stuff all the time . its great!

9. Leslie In North Pole

Leslie In North Pole Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2007
    North Pole, AK
    Actually, Muscovy ducks should take 35 days. If you have muscovy standard crosses, they can take 32 days.

I have seen where people have had chickens hatch out at day 25 instead of day 21 so I am sure that it is possible for it to happen to ducks if they are incubated a little cool.

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Ooops... you're right LINP.....I didn't even notice my typo.....that's the kind of day I've been having!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by