update on late duck eggs day 32

kat

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 16, 2008
barnsley. england
hi just a quick update our duck eggs are on day 32 and having just candled them we think that four are still alive and can hear at least one making a kind of scrapping noise and i think i hheard it cheap (mum thinks i imagined it but im sure it did)

are they not supposed to hatch at 28 days ? if that is the case i would probably try helping them out a bit to see if its jsut that they cant get out. if they are supposed to come on day 28 then you know that they are fully developed. idk i guess thats jsut what i would do

we did try breaking into one last night and it died but i have been told some types can take 33 days so keeping fingers crossed

orlando,
Sometimes they take longer to hatch if the temps are to low. it technically takes 28 days but sometimes it can take almost a week past the hatch date.

Actually, Muscovy ducks should take 35 days. If you have muscovy standard crosses, they can take 32 days.

I have seen where people have had chickens hatch out at day 25 instead of day 21 so I am sure that it is possible for it to happen to ducks if they are incubated a little cool.

Ooops... you're right LINP.....I didn't even notice my typo.....that's the kind of day I've been having!!!
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom