Update on May 24 post asking breed.

tn_artist

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Wilson, NC
Of two chicks in question, the darker one passed. The lighter one, who appeared to be a cockrel since his comb was red at the weeks, is still a mystery. The comb and wattles have not grown a bit. At 3 1/2 months he is still tiny and had coloring I don't recognize, assuming he's an OEGB.
He came from the TSC bantam bin. I would even suggest, possibly Serama since he is so small and similarly colored to some I have -but, I don't think any hatcheries with Seramas supply TSC.
If anyone can ID the breed of this little guy? girl? I would really appreciate it.
The first two pictures are him sitting on my leg. There others are from May.
20210724_181914.jpg
20210724_181858.jpg
20210524_210226.jpg
20210523_135518.jpg

I've never known TSC, Hoover's or any other large hatcheries to carry Seramas. I'm totally okay with it though. That whole group of chicks (Cochin, d'Uccle, silkie and this guy) have really grown into friendly pets. Moreso than any of my other groups.

Of two chicks in question, the darker one passed. The lighter one, who appeared to be a cockrel since his comb was red at the weeks, is still a mystery. The comb and wattles have not grown a bit. At 3 1/2 months he is still tiny and had coloring I don't recognize, assuming he's an OEGB.
He came from the TSC bantam bin. I would even suggest, possibly Serama since he is so small and similarly colored to some I have -but, I don't think any hatcheries with Seramas supply TSC.
If anyone can ID the breed of this little guy? girl? I would really appreciate it.
The first two pictures are him sitting on my leg. There others are from May.
View attachment 2777048View attachment 2777051View attachment 2777052View attachment 2777053
How’s he look now?

How’s he look now?
The first picture of him on my leg is recent. That is how he looks and has looked for a long time. The rest of the crew he hangs with are 4 bantam cochins, a bantam cochin/d'Uccle cross, a turken, and 2 silkies. He is smaller than everyone, super friendly and other than the build of my OEGB, he looks like no one else. He does not stand like a Serama. My Serama girls are usually flat backed as they go about their day, but will stand upright sometimes. My Serama boys are always upright, with the exception of Paprika. He thinks he's Japanese.:lau

The first picture of him on my leg is recent. That is how he looks and has looked for a long time. The rest of the crew he hangs with are 4 bantam cochins, a bantam cochin/d'Uccle cross, a turken, and 2 silkies. He is smaller than everyone, super friendly and other than the build of my OEGB, he looks like no one else. He does not stand like a Serama. My Serama girls are usually flat backed as they go about their day, but will stand upright sometimes. My Serama boys are always upright, with the exception of Paprika. He thinks he's Japanese.:lau
Sounds like he really could be a serama.

Back
Top Bottom