Update On My Blind Chick =( * She's Gone *

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Hey

My blind silkie chick has went way down hill today... i tried feeding her she wont eat or drink and she wont stand up she just lays there very limp and she wont chirp .. to be honest i don't think she's gonna make it through the night but i am hoping she pulls through like she has been doing
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Omg i am in total shock right now... i have gotten so attach to this chick...
i went to her brooder to check on her and feed her and she was laying there and when i went to touch her she was cold an wasn't moving ..my heart fell into my stomach i am just so torn right now.......

Last edited:
If she's not drinking you could try a syringe and squirt some water into her beak, just a little at a time. Also some mealworms or something moving might get her to react and eat. Hope she makes it.

yea i have been using the little droppers you buy at the grocery store and that has been working but now when i give her water she spits it back out and i tried the mealworms this morning because i have them for my button quails but she just let the little pieces sit in her mouth she wont eat it
sad.png

Have you tried giving her yogurt/goat milk/sugar water? Any of those might entice her to eat.
Keep us updated; I hope she makes it. I know how it is to be worried sick about your chickies.
sad.png

Thanks for the ideas i will sure use them.. she is still very weak but fighting...like the trooper she is

:aww
I'm so sorry Mark. I am amazed that she has lasted this long, truthfully. Must be all your love and care, but if she's tired, don't be afraid to let her go.

How did you know your chick was blind? I have a six week old silkie. I am convinced he is blind. I got three from a farm for my boys. Owen has never been right. My husband thinks I am crazy. Then I started treating his weepy eyes for every disease people told me I have. A couple of weeks ago he would flop down in the run or the cage and do nothing. The other day he had "normal chick movement". He was scratching and hopping around . My older bird is his care taker of sorts. She goes into the coop to get him out during the day and brings him back in at night.. He eats when he hears the others at the dish. From what I read about blind chiks, they find their own way. I hope yours survives. The feeding thing can be nerve racking.

Sorry to hear the sad update. They are so cute and work their way into your family quickly.

Last edited:
I found out my chick was blind a few hours after she hatch... she hatch with no eyes at all.. her eyes didn't develop
sad.png

i'm sorry about your chick.. i hope she gets well soon

Back
Top Bottom