Update on possible rooster!

Micmac1234

Songster
Apr 13, 2021
Colorado
I posted the other day about a chick having slow feather growth and there was suspicion that “she” is a “he”... I wanted to post an update because the more I look at Daisy’s wings, the more I am convinced Daisy is a Duke ;) still no tail feathers and they are looking very “L shaped”.

Attachments

• C5B9D201-7C86-42FB-B59F-6D016A558E7A.jpeg
    C5B9D201-7C86-42FB-B59F-6D016A558E7A.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    320.6 KB · Views: 7
Plus, does he stand more upright and erect than the others? Males stand more upright while pullets are more slouched.
Shes been living as a hen for so long that I'm not sure how she will take the news that's shes a male because she stand upright. I mean, she is a pain in my butt who loves to go broody so I think I would prefer her being Male.

Just joking. I do use stance when they're just a day old to pick my girls, have never ended up with a male that way, but by 2 weeks their personalities are already there and some stand much more upright than others. Including pullets.

Attachments

• IMG_20200628_205031_810.jpg
    IMG_20200628_205031_810.jpg
    921 KB · Views: 2
I posted the other day about a chick having slow feather growth and there was suspicion that “she” is a “he”... I wanted to post an update because the more I look at Daisy’s wings, the more I am convinced Daisy is a Duke ;) still no tail feathers and they are looking very “L shaped”.
So, I've used the wing sexing method, but it's not reliable. Wing shape means NOTHING unless they are a day old strait.

Ya the red light makes it very hard to tell anything.
Wing feathers/ tail feathers/ feather growth rate aren't reliable.
Chicks look maybe 2 weeks old?
You aren't gonna know anything at this point.

Back
Top Bottom