Update on the sizzle chick.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by shelleyb1969, Oct 18, 2008.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

[​IMG] Well, it's going to be another exciting weekend in my house. Tomorrow, I've got 4 sizzle eggs from jimnjay going into the hatcher. And all 4, as of candling on day 14, look great. [​IMG] I'll be doing a final candling tonight. If you haven't seen jimnjay's stock, check out her website. Her sizzles are gorgeous! [​IMG] I can't wait to see these little guys!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    good luck on the hatch and post pics!

3. shelleyb1969

I just candled the eggs....they all look wonderful! [​IMG] The moment the light hit them, they started moving around. I can't wait til tomorrow, when I up the humidity and start holding my vigil over the hatcher! [​IMG] I've become a hatchaholic! [​IMG]

4. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Yeah!! I got a month old blue Sizzle and a 7 week old buff Sizzle from her TODAY! You know, mine could be a half brother or sister to one of yours....so what would that make us?? Let everyone know when they get here!! Claudia

5. shelleyb1969

Quote:I just saw your post, Claudia! You did REALLY good at the show! Those chickies are beautiful. I can't wait for these sizzles to hatch.

6. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Yahoo! I think the pins and needles we are on with an impending hatch is what makes this so addicting. I hope you get some real cuties. I will keep checking this thread to see how it goes.

7. shelleyb1969

The eggs are turned for their last time, and I just added water for the humidity increase. I'll post again when the eggs start rockin'! [​IMG] Jimnjay, I am SO addicted to hatching eggs. There's just something about knowing, for sure, that there's little lives inside those eggs and they are about to come into the world. It's truly a miracle to behold. Well....let the countdown begin! [​IMG]

8. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    omg! i went to see the sizzles on your site! i'm dying over here! you've added to the addiction! They're even better than silkies! Way too adorable.

Chere

you people need to stop showing me new and wonderful breeds of chickens, you really do...

oh nevermind...

Quote:

9. shelleyb1969

Yes, jimnjays sizzles are amazing, aren't they! I have a feeling after this hatch, I just might have to get more in the spring... [​IMG]

10. shelleyb1969

I just came in to check the stats on the eggs....and one of them is rockin' already! [​IMG] With my last hatch of Delawares, once they started rockin', they were pipped and hatched within 24 hrs. Oh the excitement is building! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by