UPDATE!!! Partridge Cochin...He or She?? (Pics included)

I hope so, I have been studying another post that had weekly updates about a partridge cochin chick named olive, and at about 9 weeks the chick began growing burgungy patches, also the other chick feathered in a lot slower than mine. So I am hoping that keelys coloring is saying pullet!:)

Somewhere in my profile there should be a page I made which shows our partridge Cochin x sizzle rooster and the signs as he grew that he was a rooster. That might help you out.

I agree that this is a pullet. Thought so with the first pics. I hace several Cochin bantams. The only std Cochin I have ever had, I found to be really difficult to determine sex. A hawk got her when she was almost old enough to lay.

Actually it was a red tailed hawk. It was much smaller than my Cochin "Myrtle". It didn't carry her away because she was too big, but was beginning to eat her on the ground. I have since not allowed my chickens to be free range and have put net over top of the pen. The hawk also killed a young OEGB inside the coop before I got the net over it.

UPDATE!!! PARTRIDGE COCHIN 8 weeks!! I think we have a pullet here!!!
ya.gif

After a little scare at about two weeks, my little chick had a substantial comb and some waddles coming in early,

I now think that due to the pattern of the feathering see below I have a beautiful partridge Cochin pullet! But tell me do you agree...

In the picture below, there she is in the background...

Back
Top Bottom