UPDATE! Please help, Goose beak torn badly (pictures)

I usually don't have any problem looking at wound pics because it is a good way to learn what to do if it ever occurs in one of my own babies. I could only stand to look at your poor baby for a split second!!!! I have a French Toulouse named Miss Adell and the neighbors don't control their dogs even though the law dictates that they do. I have had to fight their dogs off of my geese on numerous occasions. This was just to close to home!!!! I could barely bring myself to click on your post again but I had to to see about your poor baby!!!! I am soooooo very glad I did
love.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
What a joy!!!!
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Wow, animals are so remarkable. And kudos for sticking with her and working to come up w/ solutions that work for me.

A while back someone on this group posted about a chicken who had lost most of it's beak. The vet made a temporary beak and the chicken scratched it off and the owner put it back on, kept her indoors and fed her what she thought she could eat and if she didn't make a similar very nice recovery.

Sending good thoughts.

Quote:
you poor thing..
i cant beleave the luck you have with your geese
sad.png

its like me and turkeys
sad.png
i cant seem to keep them alive
sad.png
im about to give up.

Quote:
you poor thing..
i cant beleave the luck you have with your geese
sad.png

its like me and turkeys
sad.png
i cant seem to keep them alive
sad.png
im about to give up.

They shot at Miss Penelope because I have been calling or trying to call the police on the viscious dogs. So now they are using Pellet guns on them!!!! Seeing this pic makes me even more determined to see the letter of the law carried out - irregardless!!!!

Quote:
I most definitely agree. That is a narly looking wound. Ive had a rooster break his whole top beak off and make a good recovery but no where near this bad, if I was in YOUR shoes id cull. So sorry shes a magnificent bird

Thats what I get for commenting before reading to the end lol for shame. Man thats an amazing recovery!! Your an awesome owner and like I said, thats a magnificent bird. Tough as nails too;)

That's pretty close to a miracle. When I first saw this thread, my inclination was "That goose should be culled." You did the right thing. I applaud you.

Wow, an amazing recovery. I agree that patience can offer a solution. Sometimes, we just have to let nature take its course and provide whatever optimum support is at our disposal. And, I've seen enough crippled waterfowl to know they can survive many an injury. Hurray, for your brave goose!!!

Back
Top Bottom