UPDATE: Prayers and Happy Thoughts for My Brother, please?

Whitewater

Songster
10 Years
Jan 18, 2010
My brother is 3 years younger than I am (in his early 30's) and has enjoyed a successful career as a shipwright here in Minnesota. But today, a freak accident occurred which resulted in the loss of the fingertips of the two middle fingers of his right hand.

It might not seem like much, but the bone was crushed and the nerves badly injured, and the plastic surgeon had to amputate the two finger tips above the 1st knuckle.

Ship building and restoring wooden ships is all he knows -- the surgeon said that she expects him to make a full recovery and eventually regain almost 100% of the function in his fingers, because the surgery went quite well, but anybody who's been through a traumatic injury/accident knows that the surgery and hospital and ER and so on is just the tip of the iceberg.

If you're religiously inclined at all, or even if you're not, I would appreciate some happy thoughts/prayers/healing mojo/etc sent into the ether on my brother's behalf, if you would be so kind.

Thank you.

Whitewater

Last edited:
I had a finger operated on once for a tumor and my hands and fingers are my living.

Prayers for your brother!

Healing prayers to your brother. It will take time, but dont let it overwhelm you. One day at a time, and be thankful for that days achievments.

fl.gif
hugs.gif

Sorry, folks, I know it's been a while but there just hasn't been anything to report until recently.

Thanks for all your well-wishes, my brother had his stitches out a couple days ago and his first physical therapy appointment yesterday, he's discovered he can't bend his middle finger, it's stiff, hence the PT. When the surgeon took his stitches out though, everything looked good, no infections or anything else, so the only problem is the stiffness.

It will probably take a while for his finger to bend again, but other than that, he's good.

Thanks for your prayers, Bro is in a much more stable place now, emotionally, and has moved on from denial into really working the true problem. He was daydreaming about getting thousands of dollars in insurance compensation for his fingertips, and that was just plain wishful thinking. Now he's back in reality, which is nice.

Just a brief FYI.

Whitewater

Back
Top Bottom