UPDATE:PRAYERS still needed...

Thanks everyone! I was reading the papers more and there is a list of all the drs and report sent...Well the one Dr. they had me go to is not even on that list
he.gif
this is so confussing and frustrating but I will keep at it. I am so thankful for all yall's help and prayers. Yall help make my day!
hugs.gif

Quote:
I don't want to stick my neck out and discuss things that cockadoodlemom and I have discussed in private, but this is not always so. I was approved the very first time I applied and quickly, WITHOUT hiring an attorney.
Sorry they denied you. What did they tell you about the appt on the 22nd? Is it for SSI? If you decide to appeal than an attorney would be the route to take.

Quote:
I don't want to stick my neck out and discuss things that cockadoodlemom and I have discussed in private, but this is not always so. I was approved the very first time I applied and quickly, WITHOUT hiring an attorney.
Sorry they denied you. What did they tell you about the appt on the 22nd? Is it for SSI? If you decide to appeal than an attorney would be the route to take.

Well I'm glad you were one of the lucky ones. I know that I have never spoken to anyone who was approved the first time around. This includes my MIL who was denied the first time and went to an attorney for the second go and got approved. I wasn't saying ALL people are denied the first time. Just saying that seems to be pretty normal (so far as my experiences have gone).

Thanks gritsar
wink.png
Yes 22nd is for SSI and I don't how that works but the lady was extra nice and I think she will help me out a little. I am going to find an attorny because I do feel very strongly that I should have gotten approved. I will be praying that God continues to lead me in the right direction and I could soooo still use yall's prayers. All this stress is tough and what keeps me going is my family, critters, BYC family, and most important~GOD.

You are gonna get the SSI?!? (or you just going to apply for it?) If you are getting it, that's great! Keep in mind, you may not qualify for SSD if you haven't worked enough quarters (paid into the system) and no lawyer can change that. It's the law. That's what the SSI is for. I have a friend whose husband is getting SSI because before his injury he was self-employed and therefore didn't pay into the system (work his quarters). He actually gets more in SSI than I do in SSD. And who really cares what they call it as long as you get it right?
This is definitely good news for you.
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I think that when I applied for SSD the lady also applied for SSI too but I am not sure. Well I took out my folder and yep applied for SSI same day as SSD. The lady I just spoke with the other day about my appointment asked me about life ins policy and asked me to bring in H's check stubs from 8-1-07. She also asked if we had checking and how much was in there "$0.00 right now". I asked if this was going to be a long wait to find out something and she said something like just 2-3 weeks. I sure hope she meant I would get a check in that time. I do believe I have the credits. I will be rushing home after that appointment to get on here to let you know what I find out!

Today's meeting @ SS Office was for SSI. She told me I am approved to get it
barnie.gif
but we have to submit for approval
he.gif
I guess I am just too slow cause I don't understand how your approved but you have to get approved. I asked this twice. I have to get them the information on how much we owe on our car and how much my H stock is worth. She said if we fall into something money bracket. I am taking paperwork tomorrow cause the sooner the better.

Only thing I can see messing you up now is the stock. It has to do with assets. They allow a certain amount. Still sounds pretty good. Still keeping my fingers crossed for you.
fl.gif

Sorry I didn't see this update yesterday. I have the head cold from H-E-double hockey stix and it's keeping me down.

I'm still pulling for ya!

Back
Top Bottom