UPDATE! Sad News!

I am heading into day 8 with my second try of duck eggs ( first ones did not make it
sad.png
) but this time looks much better.

I think I have the same Accurite that you are using in the pic - do you find yours does pretty good?

Good luck everyone on you hatches
jumpy.gif

Julie

Day 3 here too-well at 4pm oficially day 3 starts
smile.png
I have some wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucana eggs and some barnyard mutt eggs.

I have found the accurite is not the best for temps but does ok for the humidity. I keep it between what the two thermometers say and I have done pretty well. I don't have a fan so I try to keep it between 99.5 and 101. Seems to work pretty well. I need to get a new wiggler, mine started leaking. And I had just put the eggs in when I took that pic so the temps were down due to it being open.

Good luck everyone.

Marie

I want to eventually get other colors in the bantam cochins too. But for now I will wait to see what these are that i just hatched. Came from Black, Blue and White parents.

I would love some of the other colors eventually though.

Marie

I candled a few last night. I saw definite veining in some of the white eggs (Hamburg & Cochin). I think I saw some in some of the cream eggs (silkie). The Ameracauna & Blue Orps were much harder to tell! Pretty sure I saw veining in a couple of Orps, or maybe that was me hoping so hard...

Will do an official candling 3/20, and record results on paper. Yesterday was practice, and evaluation of my equipment and understanding of what I was seeing!

I have several batches going too!

I have a group that moves to the hatcher tomorrow- mostly welsummers, RIR, & silkies

Day 11- welsummers, marans, silkies, oegb& quail.

Day 9 - welsummer, malay, & silkies

Day 3 - quail, bantam cochins, silkies, salmon faverolles, RIR, & runner ducks.

I am setting another batch tomorrow that will include some of our goose eggs, they have just started laying.

Christie
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom