UPDATE! Sad News!

marie_martin

Songster
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Grenada, MS
I am starting day 3 for my new set of eggs which consist of 12 robin egg blue bantam araucana eggs and 10 bantam barred rock eggs. Can't wait to see how they do. Will keep you posted.

Here is a pic of the eggs. (Araucana eggs from jmhappycowboy are Brown Egg/Blue Egg heritage) (Bantam Barred Rock eggs from silkieluvr)

IMG_0478.jpg

Marie

*****Araucana eggs are gone, none developed:(
sad.png
sad.png
, thanks anyway James************

Last edited:
Are we the same on our days - I think I'm on day 3? I set mine in on Friday at 11:30 am, my mother in law put my other eggs in her bator at about midnight Friday night - In the Genesis I have Black Langshan, Black Australorp, Standard Cochin, Jersey Giant, Cuckoo Marans, Banty Cochin and Serama. My mother in law has my Rhode Island, Barred Rock, Silver Laced Wyandotte, New Hampshire Red, Delaware, and 2 more Australorp. I wanted a variety!?! Good luck on the hatch - it's our first, so hopefully between my house and my more experience mother in law's, we get to see fuzz! Now on to the count down!
yippiechickie.gif

I guess I'm on day 4, since I set mine in the bator Thursday night around 10pm.
I have silkies (12), cochins (4), hamburgs (4), ameracauna (12), and blue orp (10).

I also have one mutt in there who is at 7 days today. He's one of ours to practice on. I'll candle him tonight...

Guess we will all be waiting it out together. I put the eggs in on Friday evening so I did not count day 1 until Sat. I think the Barred Rocks should do great. James in Canton (jmhappycowboy) got a few and they are doing very well. I am so excited to hatch something different. I have had tons of silkies so when something new is born it is so exciting. I have the babies that just hatched from the swap eggs (bantam cochins) and they are too cute. These will be exciting. Will try to keep this tread updated regularly, hope you guys do the same.

Marie

I have 4 eggs in the 'bator now, at day 13... I candled them this morning, and saw movement in all 4.
big_smile.png
With a home-made incubator, no less!!!
cool.png

Day 2.5 here for araucana and silkie eggs from hinkjc (thank you!) 6 of my cmarans. Set in my homemade incubator. (wish I could find my camera). Temps hold ing steady at 99.5. Going lowtech...turning eggs by hand.

Back
Top Bottom