Update: SHE WON! (was: Oh No!! Olivia is losing ground FAST!)

I sure wish they'd judge solely on merit. Olivia would win for sure, and it wouldn't be so much of a circus.

I sure wish they'd judge solely on merit. Olivia would win for sure, and it wouldn't be so much of a circus.

My sentiments exactly, Laura!!!!

But, sigh, we didn't know that going in, and she's come so far..... can't give up now. Did you watch her video in last week's category?? It was even better (though not chicken-related!!). She spent a LOT of time writing the script, developing characters, and making costumes. All on her own. She's an awesome kid.

I have been in contact with the sponsoring librarian and urged them to have a Merit Award, or Librarian's CHoice, next year, of equal value to the popular-vote winner. I think that would be a much better message to the kids. 'Course, Olivia will be too old to enter, next year, so she has to win this one!

Thanks again-
Stacey​

The videos don't come up for me, just the voting box - how come?
hmm.png

I'm guessing it's the video called: Your Chickens: A Kids Guide to Raising and Showing...?

Drat, i can't vote anyway. I can't see the scrambled digits in the box - what's going on?? :mad:
roll.png

Red, are you on a computer that blocks YouTube videos (like school or office?) That might be it. Also according to the sponsoring library when too many people are on at one time it acts funny. Maybe try again now?

Thanks for trying!

edited to add: wait till Olivia sees your signature line! She's got her own Gandhi quote she uses a lot!

Last edited:
I thought you would find this interesting. I went to the link again and just voted for Olivia's video for the SECOND time and the site let me do it! Maybe the parents and the family members are the ones voting for their children's videos over and over, since this seems to be possible. Just a thought!

Come on everyone! Vote for Olivia's video! It really was cute and very well done.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom