SarahLeta

Chirping
5 Years
Jan 1, 2015
**UPDATE TO SHORTAGE OF PULLORUM ANTIGEN** 01/27/2019

It's been a tough year to get Salmonella Pullorum antigen. The government shutdown did not help this issue either. A very small batch was distributed with a JUNE 2019 exp. I did not purchase this antigen, but will be PURCHASING/SHARING 2020 exp. **GET ON THE WAITING LIST** Thank you for your patience. :highfive:

Hello BYC!

Salmonella Pullorum Antigen for NPIP testing. Many manufactures no longer distribute 100 dose vials of the Pullorum Antigen and this leaves me with a lot of extra! This is perfect if you are a smaller breeder, or exhibition, in need of a smaller amount of antigen!

Included will be a photograph of my bottle, copies of the original label, serial number, and inserts.

I am selling the extra in 50 tests, and 100 tests, in amber dropper bottles.
AFTER WAITING LIST IS FULFILLED ~ First come first served at these prices:

50 tests - $27

100 tests- $47

+$11 USPS Shipping up to 2 bottles
+$13.50 for 3+ bottles
Continental US only
Heat/Ice pack included

If you have any questions, please ask! Again, this is first come first served once the waiting list is fulfilled. Please inquire for availability.
Email, Call/Text [email protected] 269-213-0150 It is not okay to contact me with any soliciting. Not shipping to AK, HI, PR. Please verify your state regulations.

pullorum1-jpg.1362895

I will not be buying antigen this year. The waiting list is cancelled, and I am not taking any more reservations. Check with your state agriculture department for what their plan B is.
In my opinion, this whole ordeal is proven to be a racket. If expired antigen is reliable, there should not be a 1 year expiration on antigen. You are forced to purchase a product each and every year, with only one manufacturer in America. On top of that, the poultry shops where the antigen is sold, there is a minimum $100 mark up on 1000 test bottles. I have been selling antigen for the last 4 years because I was getting a 175% return on my money in 6-8 weeks. It's been a good side hustle, but at this point I think you all should become more informed. Something is not right with what is going on, and maybe your agriculture departments should be reviewing this monopoly. The manufacturer, Charles River, sells 1000 test bottles for $136. They also are saying that smaller bottles will be available once manufacturing begins again. September sounds correct before CR is caught up on back orders. Attached is the latest update from the manufacturer, Charles River.

Best of luck,
Sarah

Attachments

• Pullorum Availability - 16Apr19.pdf
    80.5 KB · Views: 55
As of 2/21 there is still no movement on the manufacturing of Pullorum Antigen Stain. It is still pending FDA approval. Open spots available on my waiting list.

3/8/2019 Antigen is NOT yet available from the manufacturer. I was asked to call back at the end of this month (March) and unless my back order is filled, I will not know more until then. Sorry if any of my updates are repetitive, I have had lots of inquiries, and not sure who I've already told what. Thanks everyone for your patience! I still have a spaces available for the waiting list.

If your state has a plan B for 2019 if the shortage continues, please share your states plan. In Michigan we were allowed to use expired antigen in 2018. Not sure what Michigan's plan is for 2019

Hi SarahLeta! I have a brand new bottle of the antigen that expires 6/2019, and I'm in Michigan also. I need enough to test my flock and a few others but might be interested in offering up some of my extra to others as well. Let me know if you'd like to work together on getting some antigen out to those who need it. Thanks!

I don't know about MI, but Pullorum tests are free in WI with fair and show entries.

Hi SarahLeta! I have a brand new bottle of the antigen that expires 6/2019, and I'm in Michigan also. I need enough to test my flock and a few others but might be interested in offering up some of my extra to others as well. Let me know if you'd like to work together on getting some antigen out to those who need it. Thanks!
Hi. I’m in MI as well and would like to buy serum from you. I’m in SE MI, where are you? I need it ASAP rather than waiting if at all possible. 50 tests would be sufficient.

Hi. I’m in MI as well and would like to buy serum from you. I’m in SE MI, where are you? I need it ASAP rather than waiting if at all possible. 50 tests would be sufficient.

I'm in Fremont but I can ship you some. I'll offer the same pricing in the ad for 50 or 100 tests and the same shipping costs. I'll include a picture of the bottle label and copies of any inserts that came in my package when it arrived.

50 tests for $27
100 tests for $47

+$11 USPS Shipping up to 2 bottles
+$13.50 for 3+ bottles
Continental US only
Heat/Ice pack included

email me at [email protected] or text or call 517-626-1277 to place an order. I have limited quantities available so this is first come first serve.

Back
Top Bottom