*Update w/ PICS Help injurd baby rabbit

S n M Poultry

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 31, 2007
Riverside,CA
I was outside feeding today when i heard a scream. I turned around and saw a baby cottontail rabbit screaming and runing across my yard with my dog in close persuit. Thumper(his/her new name)ran into a pipe under an old marble bathtub we have layin around. I had to move the tub(Dont know how i did it, the thing weighs a ton and a half)and pull the pipe out. I then tipped one end of the pipe and slid Thumper into a cage. When i picked him up i saw that he has gashed on both sides of his body and one on his poo hole. I put neosporin on the wounds but is there anything else i can do for it? It really friendly. Also what do they eat?

Last edited:
anyone? ohh and i think it has a broken leg
sad.png

If a while rabbit is being friendly it may be in shock I do not no anything about rabbit care though.

Good Luck,
Henry

They eat greens, gardens, and prize winning flower beds. Domestic rabbits eat rabbit pellets and hay. If you have hay I would give it some and a dish with water.

I agree, the rabbit is most likely in shock. I would see if there is a wildlife rehabber in your area. Call your local emergency vet to find one. Sometimes the E vet will provide temporary care/stablization till the rehabber can pick up the injured animal.

I do not think trying to keep this rabbit is in it's best interest.

the only gash thst is bleeding is the one on its poo hole. the ones on its sides are just the pelt ripped open and there not bleeding. If it lived through the night i will call the ASPCA in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom