May 24, 2009
Tennessee
edited to add: I posted a video in Raising baby chicks
big_smile.png

wee.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif
The first to hatch looks like a Delaware! Seems sleepy, from Pip to Zip to hatch was 12 hours! I'm hoping all is well I'm guestimating with temps right now. So I just leave all the shell alone and little bit of yolk that was stuck to it in there for now? My bedroom is going to smell fantastical when this is through
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

[updated part] So now I have two more, all Delawares so far. And I have two more pipping, I think I have a bad egg in there but I'm scared to get it out
sickbyc.gif
don't want a mess though. Boy chick number 1 is a hot mess! Must be ADHD fits right in with the family, wont stop moving for nothing and the two newest ones are getting trampled lol. I will keep updating, will take a better picture when they are more dried off
clap.gif
ya.gif

[2nd update] Well it has been a busy evening FOUR pipped-zipped-hatched in five hours, OMG. Looks Like I have 4 Delawares and 3 Barred Rocks but can't tell with these new ones I will check in the morning. So far still healthy just tired babies, and my egg that I thought was bad by the way is pipped! This is such an amazing experience for me, and my boys just love it too!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
Aidan's egg made it and he named it snoopy, I just need to remember which one it was LOL
hu.gif
he may just get handed one! he he. So the three nice and dry ones are in the dining room and still have the newely hatched four and pipped (of course) in the bater in the bedroom. Lord give me strength, I want to get up every time they make a noise! Ack!
barnie.gif
he.gif
If I can't keep all these healthy I sure will have lots when my 15 come from mypetchicken.com
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

[third update] the last little one came around noon and it is another yellow chick LOL I candled those same last two eggs and no movement nothing. may do the water test in the morning don't want anything to go BOOM in the bater
sickbyc.gif

first one

chick.jpg

Seven

chickII.jpg

A curious cutie pie
chickIII.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
You will not believe this but the egg I thought was bad is pipped now! OMG I am so excited! Woot!
wee.gif
Glad I didn't give up on it, sure was going to toss it in the morning
hide.gif

Congratulations Biddylover! I waited a week past due date, trying to decide if I should toss a bad egg or not. It just hatched today! I don't know when to toss them, or how to tell if one is going to explode either!

Quote:
When I candled this particular egg it was extremely porus and then later I couldn't see much movement but 'thought' I saw something so gave it a chance. But the shell got a wierd color kind of ashy if that makes sense and I never saw it move one single time... no peeps no nothing. I really was going to get a plastic bag a scoop it quickly out of my bator this morning (in case it exploded lol) but last night when attack of all the chickies running around happend they were rolling them three last eggs around like bowling balls. That is when I noticed the pip in the what I thought was bad egg. I never had any fowel smell so it was a gutt thing with me and my gutt was wrong
idunno.gif
I guess in my strange mind I was imagining the egg getting bigger, changing color and BOOM
sickbyc.gif
explosion
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom