Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by casportpony, Aug 26, 2013.

1. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

X - 2 !!

2. Garden Peas

Garden Peas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2014
    How old is she? Has she had grit to help grind/digest the food? Could she be impacted or have sour crop?

3. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    I just looked at the photos again - is her crop really swollen or is that some kind of feather ruff?
    In any event, can you give her some thing easier to digest until she gets feeling better?

4. 11mini

11mini Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2014
    Lake Stevens, WA
    I'm hoping the corid treatment cures my Lucy - she has had diarrhea for a month now. I tried worming her with safeguard but that didn't work. I started today with .4ml of liquid corid by mouth.
    [​IMG]
    She also has pendulous crop, I am hoping this is also an effect of cocci.
    [​IMG]

5. KsKingBee

Interesting. My vet told me to give vitamin B while giving Corid, said that the Coccidiosis uses up the vitamin and needs to be replenished. She said it wasn't feeding the Cocci, the Corid is killing that, she just wants me to feed the bird what it needs.

6. KsKingBee

Wouldn't a sour or impacted crop give the bird diarrhea?

7. MargaretYakoda

MargaretYakoda Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2013
    Irondale, Wa
    We put a birdy bra on our girl with the pendulous crop and it made a huge difference!

1 person likes this.
  8. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    @Mike10 , what is the consistency of her poo? Is it diarrhea-like or watery or loose? Or is it formed and solid or semi-solid? It sounds gross, but do you have poo pictures?

9. KsKingBee

@Garden Peas , you may have to blow it up to see very well but this is what he posted above. I'm still thinking come type of crop infection.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  10. Garden Peas

Sep 23, 2014
    Hmmm, @KsKingBee , I think we have 3 or 4 different sets of chicken folks with possibly similar issues all chiming in, and I thought that photo was from one of the other ones, not the puffed up bird from @Mike10 ? But I'm with you on there being some kind of crop problem...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by