Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Can you put something else down that is more comfortable for them to sleep and walk on? I'm not sure in the photos if they are warm, or if they are uncomfortable laying on the wire.

Can you put something else down that is more comfortable for them to sleep and walk on? I'm not sure in the photos if they are warm, or if they are uncomfortable laying on the wire.
I have changed the ground yesterday and they seem doing better now, but one is almost died. I just came from vet and it seems the chicks caught some viruses from the chicken chicks they have been with before.

Last edited:
the dosing for the corid is very helpful. When you call the company they will not give you dosing as they have not done research on the use in fowl. I have a mixed age flock and would like to treat the water with corid. They are 2years to 8 weeks. Any suggestions on dosing?

the dosing for the corid is very helpful. When you call the company they will not give you dosing as they have not done research on the use in fowl. I have a mixed age flock and would like to treat the water with corid. They are 2years to 8 weeks. Any suggestions on dosing?
Did you see the chart on the first page? they will all get the same mixture just depends if it is a prevenative , a mild treatment or a sever treatment.

How soon before putting chicks out should this preventive treatment start ? I have 6 that I would like to put out with the other chicks soon so interaction will be smooth.

This info was just what I was looking for & needed . TY

Since you have recognized risk of coccidiosis, next chicks, why not develop their immunity, starting at hatch, by feeding medicated Starter crumbles for 3 or 4 months (I feed it right up until pullets start laying). It has low amprolium, and slowly develops their immunity to cocci, which lasts for life (always possible for a break, but RARE). It is not designed to immunize or protect against other bacteria, but may do so.... Well worth it, to eliminate anxiety about it or loss of birds. Threatment for coccidiosis is hard on birds, requires replacing the good bacteria in the gut, with probiotics (AFTER the treatment is over). Good luck....

I use a medicated feed . This is why I was confused on what was going on. They are all doing better lost 3 :( of of 20. which I dont like loosing any, no one does .
The coop I put the chicks in was cleaned & disinfected and empty for a few months . I was hit by a predator hard & lost alot of birds.

I will then have to get a pro-biotic.
TY for answering my question :)

I have the 20% powder Corid. How much per gallon for moderate coccidiosis? For chickens of course.
Also can I use the same for my goose?
Thank you
To many numbers in the beginning. I'm so confused.
:)

I have the 20% powder Corid. How much per gallon for moderate coccidiosis? For chickens of course.
Also can I use the same for my goose?
Thank you
To many numbers in the beginning. I'm so confused.
smile.png
The moderate outbreak dose for the powder is 3/4 teaspoon per gallon.
The moderate outbreak dose for the liquid is 1 teaspoon per gallon.

The severe outbreak dose for the powder is 1.5 teaspoons per gallon.
The severe outbreak dose for the liquid is 2 teaspoons per gallon.

Medicated water needs to be the only drinking source. Make fresh daily.

Your goose can have medicated water.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom