Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Kathy i have a question off-topic, is it okay to put albendazole and vitamins(powder) in the water at the same time?

Last edited:
Q8, I was looking at post by birdman yesterday, he mentions that water ph/hardness can affect whether stuff works. I have to go check this because our water has lots of dissolved calcium and salts. Yours probably does too.
If this is an issue, then we should both be using distilled water for aadmnistering medications.
Also, if this is problem, then putting other stuff, like vitamins, in water while trying to medicate could affect the solubility or absorb ability of the needs, so it might have to be done separately.
I gotta look into it...hoping Kathy knows

Q8, I was looking at post by birdman yesterday, he mentions that water ph/hardness can affect whether stuff works. I have to go check this because our water has lots of dissolved calcium and salts. Yours probably does too.
If this is an issue, then we should both be using distilled water for aadmnistering medications.
Also, if this is problem, then putting other stuff, like vitamins, in water while trying to medicate could affect the solubility or absorb ability of the needs, so it might have to be done separately.
I gotta look into it...hoping Kathy knows
Okay, thanks, i will put albendazole now and wait on the vitamins.

I'm worrying about this water thing...
@birdman55 can you help? You mentioned you found something about hard water affecting the wormer effectiveness. Can you tell us what/where you found that or post a link? This could be a big deal for me, all water here has high calcium and salt content

@birdman55 can you help? You mentioned you found something about hard water affecting the wormer effectiveness. Can you tell us what/where you found that or post a link? This could be a big deal for me, all water here has high calcium and salt content

He is referring to a post I made from when I was having trouble with the meds not working in my water. My vet told me that she had read in a vet only forum that there had been reports of medications not working because of the high mineral content in our really hard water. I think she said it was the iron that was affecting the meds making them ineffective. She had us mixing the meds in our RO drinking water then mixing the meds into the feed. If you want to see the conversation, look for a thread I started, I think it was titled 'Respiratory Problem' ? It ran quite a while early last summer.

I found it on byc somewhere not sure the exact location...but it was in one of kathys forums that someone posted a link to...I will try and find it

Back
Top Bottom