Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Kathy was wondering on the use of this product on my small baby chicks....they are I believe one week olds...I just see in there poo some red...and now im super paranoid now....the feed itself is medicated already....if so on the corid how much to dose....?

Kathy was wondering on the use of this product on my small baby chicks....they are I believe one week olds...I just see in there poo some red...and now im super paranoid now....the feed itself is medicated already....if so on the corid how much to dose....?
Corid is very safe, so I use it at full strength even when they're on medicated feed.

-Kathy

Weigh them and dose by weight of course

liquid....I was thinking about going at a rate of 1/2 tsp per half gallon....and then week later dropping down to 1/4 tsp per half gallon....right now I put multi vits and probiotics as well should I stop when using corid

liquid....I was thinking about going at a rate of 1/2 tsp per half gallon....and then week later dropping down to 1/4 tsp per half gallon....right now I put multi vits and probiotics as well should I stop when using corid
Don't mess around, just use 2 teaspoons per gallon like the picture shows. The should not have vitamins with B1 when being given Corid.

-Kathy

I followed this higher dosage instructions (link from some other thread) and gave some to my 2 week old chick that seemed "off" - droopy/sleepy, smaller than the rest. An hour later I went to check and she was dead. There was something wrong with her, but she didn't seem in THAT bad a shape that she was about to expire. But who knows?

I followed this higher dosage instructions (link from some other thread) and gave some to my 2 week old chick that seemed "off" - droopy/sleepy, smaller than the rest. An hour later I went to check and she was dead. There was something wrong with her, but she didn't seem in THAT bad a shape that she was about to expire. But who knows?
Sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
It's pretty safe stuff, so I doubt the dose you gave killed it. How much did you use?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom