UPDATED: Eggs In Incubator: 403 Eggs due in mail next week: 100+ PICS

monarc23

Coturnix Obsessed
11 Years
Jul 18, 2008
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Updating after removing failed eggs and adding new eggs. Oh and 2 coturnix chicks are pipping tonight from one of my hens I added in after I sold her hoping for a tuxedo
fl.gif

50 white leghorn x rir crosses
12 bc marans
103 coturnix (from same batch)
137 bobwhites
13 coturnix from another batch
12 buttons
76 Rhode island reds

I had to remove a bunch of the cross eggs because they failed, I think its because the breeder kept them way too cold in storage. Oh well
smile.png

Bottom tray:
IMG_9200.jpg

*eggs marked are older, others were just put in*

Second tray:
IMG_9201.jpg

*also just put in*

Third tray:
IMG_9205.jpg

*Lil tiny button eggs on right side*

Top tray:
IMG_9203.jpg

*BC marans and my 3 coturnix eggies*

Not in order because I was showing newest first, and that's just where I put the newer eggs soo
tongue.png

Oh and for fun heres two of OnTheSpots eggs on top of the rir eggs, I had to use flash so it ruins the color but you can still tell theres a big diff in color!
big_smile.png

IMG_9204.jpg

Last edited:
ohhhhhhhhh here we go
smile.png
thats some bater girl!

edited to say I cant believe you are hand turning them all and 3 times a day OMG!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
haha yep yep! Will be turning them here before bed for the first time with that many eggs in there... *pant pant* LOL

my inc has a turning slot thing. you pull on it and the eggs get rolled, however I personaly think it's too rough on the eggs. I've broken many eggs this way (however none leaked so i let them go, and they still hatched,...but still because of that I don't pull the slots anymore, I just hand turn
big_smile.png
It's actually not too bad, or wasnt too bad, but now with over 100 extra eggs in there, well im sure ill be muttering some to myself
lau.gif

Monarc, just keep telling yourself "I'm not addicted....I can stop hatching whenever I want......"

I have 180 in the Sportsman, 40 will go in the little giant in the morning AND THE EGGS JUST KEEP COMING!!!!!!

Oh well, I never met an unhappy hatchaholic!

Good hatching,

Greg

PS Great looking Black Coppers in your bator!

Quote:
I'm not at that paranoid stage yet (where I need to think that I can stop at any time) im still in the "yay I get to hatch sooo many!!!" but I'm sure it will be coming soon where I'm like good gosh I wonder what others think of me!?!?! LOL! Seriously, I see eggs and I NEED to hatch them lol! Though I must say, we drove past a house today that said "fresh brown eggs" and i saw a roo with them....and I didn't want to stop!
big_smile.png
YAY! I have some form of self control
lau.gif

and thank you about the marans eggies, I'm very happy with them can't wait to see the babies that comes out of them. I so far keep a few eggs from each batch of marans just to keep to look at for later reference..dunno how weird that is but.. LOL!

Quote:
*crowd cheers* thank you thank you *bows*

Isn't it funny, that we all mention the 12 step program on here for being hatch aholics...it really prooves that we are....

turn those numbers around and you get 21...... 21 what.... INCUBATION DAYS ....well for chickens...
gig.gif

Quote:
*crowd cheers* thank you thank you *bows*

Isn't it funny, that we all mention the 12 step program on here for being hatch aholics...it really prooves that we are....

turn those numbers around and you get 21...... 21 what.... INCUBATION DAYS ....well for chickens...
gig.gif

I never noticed that before....actually someone did mention that we should have a 21 step program. I was too dense to get it!

Back
Top Bottom