UPDATED: Eggs In Incubator: 403 Eggs due in mail next week: 100+ PICS

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by monarc23, Mar 29, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Updating after removing failed eggs and adding new eggs. Oh and 2 coturnix chicks are pipping tonight from one of my hens I added in after I sold her hoping for a tuxedo [​IMG]

50 white leghorn x rir crosses
    12 bc marans
    103 coturnix (from same batch)
    137 bobwhites
    13 coturnix from another batch
    12 buttons
    76 Rhode island reds

I had to remove a bunch of the cross eggs because they failed, I think its because the breeder kept them way too cold in storage. Oh well [​IMG]

Bottom tray:
    [​IMG]
    *eggs marked are older, others were just put in*

Second tray:
    [​IMG]
    *also just put in*

Third tray:
    [​IMG]
    *Lil tiny button eggs on right side*

Top tray:
    [​IMG]
    *BC marans and my 3 coturnix eggies*

Not in order because I was showing newest first, and that's just where I put the newer eggs soo [​IMG]

Oh and for fun heres two of OnTheSpots eggs on top of the rir eggs, I had to use flash so it ruins the color but you can still tell theres a big diff in color! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  2. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    [​IMG]

3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    ohhhhhhhhh here we go [​IMG] thats some bater girl!

edited to say I cant believe you are hand turning them all and 3 times a day OMG!!!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  4. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:haha yep yep! Will be turning them here before bed for the first time with that many eggs in there... *pant pant* LOL

my inc has a turning slot thing. you pull on it and the eggs get rolled, however I personaly think it's too rough on the eggs. I've broken many eggs this way (however none leaked so i let them go, and they still hatched,...but still because of that I don't pull the slots anymore, I just hand turn [​IMG] It's actually not too bad, or wasnt too bad, but now with over 100 extra eggs in there, well im sure ill be muttering some to myself [​IMG]

5. tgcole

tgcole Out Of The Brooder

Feb 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, AL
    Monarc, just keep telling yourself "I'm not addicted....I can stop hatching whenever I want......"

I have 180 in the Sportsman, 40 will go in the little giant in the morning AND THE EGGS JUST KEEP COMING!!!!!!

Oh well, I never met an unhappy hatchaholic!

Good hatching,

Greg

PS Great looking Black Coppers in your bator!

6. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    You have officially been voted head of the 12 step program!!! AMAZING!

7. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I'm not at that paranoid stage yet (where I need to think that I can stop at any time) im still in the "yay I get to hatch sooo many!!!" but I'm sure it will be coming soon where I'm like good gosh I wonder what others think of me!?!?! LOL! Seriously, I see eggs and I NEED to hatch them lol! Though I must say, we drove past a house today that said "fresh brown eggs" and i saw a roo with them....and I didn't want to stop! [​IMG] YAY! I have some form of self control [​IMG]

and thank you about the marans eggies, I'm very happy with them can't wait to see the babies that comes out of them. I so far keep a few eggs from each batch of marans just to keep to look at for later reference..dunno how weird that is but.. LOL!

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] Lots of eggs!

9. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:*crowd cheers* thank you thank you *bows*

Isn't it funny, that we all mention the 12 step program on here for being hatch aholics...it really prooves that we are....

turn those numbers around and you get 21...... 21 what.... INCUBATION DAYS ....well for chickens... [​IMG]

10. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:*crowd cheers* thank you thank you *bows*

Isn't it funny, that we all mention the 12 step program on here for being hatch aholics...it really prooves that we are....

turn those numbers around and you get 21...... 21 what.... INCUBATION DAYS ....well for chickens... [​IMG]

I never noticed that before....actually someone did mention that we should have a 21 step program. I was too dense to get it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by