UPDATED...HELP PLEASE - SEE Page 4 #34

Anything yet????
fl.gif

Still about the same...not a whole lot of progress. The one egg has a hole big enough that I can see its beak really good. It just doesn't seem like it's moving in any direction yet.

The other egg still has the small hole. But, I think it's big enough thru the membrane that it can breathe...hopefully.

Can I ask a dumb newbie question?

Does it matter if there is a light on over the hatcher or not? Didn't know if it would make a difference in the progession of the hatch...DH thinks that since an egg is normally under the hen, then it should be dark. I don't really have a clue???

Kim,

I too am hatching tonight on day 19!! I have one out, one died in the shell (had pipped a big hole, had no air sac) and now I have 5 pipped. I had 36 eggs in all. I am wishing you all the luck you can get. I guess our temps were just a bit high? My bator is a new 1588 with the preset temps, it is my first hatch in it. I had humidity all over the place, so expect that my air sacs are too small. Now I'm just trying to be patient. I've heard of several hatches on day 19 on this site. I wonder if the too high humidity makes the bator warmer somehow? It always seems hotter to me if it's humid outside in the summer.

Seems like leaving the light off is more natural, like with a hen?? I'm leaving mine off and it's in the basement. There is the glow of the little red light when the heating element is on. Know one thing, the one baby is sleeping most of the time while in the dark, which may be better for the siblings??

GOOD LUCK!!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Good luck! Mine hatched this past sat on day 19 also, the longest time seemed from the time they made the pip hole til they finally started zipping. I had pip holes for 9 hours then finally they started zipping. 1 little one didn't finish til sunday but I had 9 out of 10 hatch. Sending good hatching vibes your way.

Good luck with your hatch, too. I kept my humidity lower (between 30 - 35) for most of the time from day 1-18. But, my temp did seem to run a little higher, about 100. I have good sized air sacs, but some are oddly shaped due to shipping. Not sure how that will affect the hatch, though...

How long did it take yours to get out of the shell? Mine just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Hope it's not stuck. And, the other one piped a small hole, but doesn't appear to have come all the way thru. I still have 11 more to go, but none of those show signs of pipping yet.

And, I'm using a 1588 for both the incubator and hatcher, too.

Keep me posted on your hatch!!

Thanks for the info, willow. I was beginning to get nervous...I have said that I don't want to intervene, but I have a feeling that will be easier said than done.

The one lil chick seems really strong, so I hope it makes it...

Back
Top Bottom