UPDATED new pic*PICS - Something on Rooster's Comb - PICS*

CMTSMWC

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 9, 2011
Indiana
I just noticed something on my rooster's comb this morning. The spot is a little rough to the touch but not bumpy. It is white around the edges and brownish red in the middle, it looks like a scab but has the texture of dry skin. I have been searching the internet all morning and can't find anything that looks like his. Any help would be appreciated please!
idunno.gif

IMG_9204.jpg

Ok here is a new picture of him:

IMG_9212.jpg

Last edited:
I think it looks like a scab. Did he have a little tiff with one of his flock members?

Please anyone?? I just want to be sure it isn't something contagious to my whole flock! PLEASE HELP
hu.gif

Are you able to get a picture that is right on the area? This looks like a scab that might have been picked by another chicken..but hard to tell without looking right at it...is it spreading out beside that one place?

I should be able to when I get home from work. I am getting ready to leave and I just took this picture real fast by myself. I will get someone to hold him for me. I will post back with a new picture soon!

It is a scab. Chickens don't always have "raised" scabs like we do: in fact, many of my scabs aren't "raised". Don't worry about it unless it spreads! I have never heard of a contagious illness that begins with a scab on a comb...
smile.png

Well I have never had anything like this before and I was looking at favus and fowl pox (I know that it is neither of these) but I just didn't know what other things it could be or if it was something contagious since I have never dealt with this before.

Thanks
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom