Updated photos: 12 week jubilee orpington

Thanks y’all. I obviously want to be TOTALLY sure this is a boy before I give him up and it seems like this is the proof I needed. An opportunity came up for him to go live on a big farm, so I’m gonna take it.
That’s the best if you can’t keep them! It’s such a bummer though. I have had to rehome 8 boys this year and I was sad about every one! But my big beautiful lavender Orp and blue laced red wyandotte were the toughest :-(

That’s the best if you can’t keep them! It’s such a bummer though. I have had to rehome 8 boys this year and I was sad about every one! But my big beautiful lavender Orp and blue laced red wyandotte were the toughest :-(
I’m so sorry 😞 that’s so tough. Those two sound gorgeous. He’s so sweet too (for now lol). I have to assume there’s a good chance he’ll end up on the dinner table. BUT even then, I think I can feel good about it because I know his end wouldn’t be in vain.

This was my guy at 8 weeks AND he was already crowing! Non-stop day & night!
20190707_221110.jpg

I’m so sorry 😞 that’s so tough. Those two sound gorgeous. He’s so sweet too (for now lol). I have to assume there’s a good chance he’ll end up on the dinner table. BUT even then, I think I can feel good about it because I know his end wouldn’t be in vain.
Yeah I only have space for one large rooster so we kept my favorite boy (I had hoped I would get one hen from the thre Lav Orps I got, but one died at 5 days old and the other two were both boys!) so as long as he stays a good boy we are all good! He already helped alert us to a hawk and has broken up hen bickering 😁 he’s a good boy!

I too have accepted the reality that they may end up dinner, but they lived a good life in the meantime and served a good purpose! ❤️

Attachments

• 39A7CABE-F728-4D25-BDE4-80167B7F0C75.jpeg
    39A7CABE-F728-4D25-BDE4-80167B7F0C75.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom