Updated Pics of my foster kids -- Ringnecks --

Crazy4Chicks

Songster
12 Years
Nov 20, 2007
Glendale, AZ
the 10 baby Ringnecks are doing wonderful !! they are getting bigger and have alot more feathers now - still not to sure of thier age

these are wonderful birds -- they SUPER freaky spazzy when it comes to changeing the food/water but dont mind being held ( once you grab one lol )

I cleaned brooder and figured I would get some updated pics -- they are needing a bigger brooder so I am working on getting them changed over

any guess as to the age ??
S6302368.jpg

S6302369.jpg

S6302370.jpg

tried to get a group shot lol

S6302374.jpg

S6302373.jpg

S6302372.jpg

S6302371.jpg

trying to figure out at what age they should move back to the zoo -- I live inside city limits and CAN NOT build them a run or play area outside

and I know they will quickly out grown totes

they already do with out the light at night ( unless it is just really cold ) last night we had high winds and rain so I let them have thier light LOL

this is mine last yeear around 3.5-4 weeks old.
009-3.jpg
this is mine last yeear around 3.5-4 weeks old.

...And two weeks.
010-3.jpg

You know how fast they grow, that's why I'm thinking 2.5 + a day or s.

mine look alot like the chicks in the bottom pic they have that same weird racing stripe down thier back with very little actual feathers ( just alot of pin feathers )

I think by the time they are 4 weeks I will be moving them back to zoo by then they will have alotmore feathers and big enough to handle being in a small outdoor pen

I sure am going to miss these guys

but I can go to the zoo and see them everytime I am there checking on my quail LOL

Plus I can eggs from them when they start breeding -- not clue what I will do with them but the zoo said I could have them LOL

Back
Top Bottom